16 - Getting married

Start from the beginning

"Oh mirror mirror .. tell me who's the prettiest of them all" and I giggled to myself .. cut short by a call from Ruhaan..

"Ready my darling??"

His voice was.. too wild.. why though I had no idea.. maybe he spent all night planning this that he-

"Hello my bunny.. what's wrong?"

"Oh um nothing the dress is gorgeous"
(I forgot the question and thus the reply)

"The dress isn't gorgeous love.. you are... But I asked if you're ready and maybe I can send a cab to pick you"

"Oh yeah right"

"Everything okay love? Is there something wrong? Something you didn't like?"

"Nothing I'll just meet you soon"

And I hang up before he could say another word..
I somehow can't confess these feelings.. i know his love for me is beyond everything but my life is not this kind.. I'm glad and extremely happy to have got a marriage proposal but maybe I wasn't ready..

It was stupid .. I couldn't deny the marriage now .. but I didn't want to accept it either..

A notification brought me out of the chain of thoughts
"Cab arriving in 5 minutes"

I diverted myself to catch up on my last minute items and left the hotel room..

I was greeted at the exit by the hotel staff and handed a bouquet..
Was it a gesture of love or another part of Ruhaan's plan?

Nevertheless I smile at them and leave..

The cab took too long to reach the registrar office and minute by minute I was getting nervous.. I had to think of something but.. what I didn't know

Before the car could stop I open the door and step out leaving the bouquet in the car and rush inside the office ..
Only to see - MOM!??

I rush towards her stumbling on my dress not caring about the heels and end up getting knocked over when the cab driver out of nowhere comes and holds my waist..

Wait.. what .. before I could realise..

"I would've paid you extra for saving her if your hand wasn't in the place where only I am supposed to touch"

Ruhaan's voice made me weak..
His hazel eyes never fail to impress me.. the look , the broad chest.. I was in the driver's arms thinking of Ruhaan

"RUBY .." my mom yelled and I was out of my impractical senses

I came back on my feet and stood up in a much better control and walk up to hug my mom..

"I miss you so much mom.. every single day.."

And my hold on her tightened like never before .. she was my only support.. without her I would've not been what I am..

"I miss you too my boss lady" she chucked and caressed my cheeks..

"Boss?" And I knew Ruhaan must have told her about my promotion as the head ..

I could see the happiness on her face .. I know my mom would be the happiest person when she hears about this and so she was..

Entangled within the strings of conversations and catching up on stuff.. I get to know my lady luck my bubble is here too..

Oh how I had missed her. My sister is the only one who had loved my job as a model and always asked for my first copy magazines and pictures.. as a result she was the first one to get my new collections .. always.. their sudden arrival had swirled all my feelings..

In a single day .. I was facing too much.. I got emotional and soon enough I was crying..

Mom and Bubble had seen me this way a lot of times but.. Ruhaan had not.. since "the alex shot" day I had tried hard to not let any of my feelings overcome my strength.. but I had failed today and badly instead..

I spent time with my mom all alone and when I got back to being stable she asked .. "So you love him?"

I gently nod ..

"Wanna get married?"

Her voice was making me too weak and I doubted myself if I wanted to get married yet I still nod in a yes

"Ruby .. I have always supported you and I will do the same today but marrying Ruhaan Arju-

"How long are you gonna stay away from me Ruby?"

And my head turned with a jerk towards Ruhaan.. I was impressed and back to a little senses ..

I hold my mom's hand forgetting that she had stopped midway..

"I understand the concern mom but he's been there for me.. always..
He is the reason I'm the head of the company now.. And .. I do love him"

Mom simply smiles and puts her hand on my head.. "Stay happy always.."

Ruhaan pulls both of us taking us to the office where our mom's were our witnesses along with Kriti and Bubble whooing and cheering for us. It was surreal .. I Ruby Singhania.. am getting married.. to .. Ruhaan..

I was both tensed and happy and the old uncle on the seat suddenly spoke

So .. we will read the vows and then your consent for marriage ..

It was an emotional moment indeed..
The family was in tears of joy while I and Ruhaan stood holding our hands as the vows were being read out and he read ..

"Do you Ruhaan Arjun Rathore take Ruby Singhania as your lawfully wedded wife .."

Ruhaan's faint "I do" was left unheard

And my mind had lost all consciousness on the name
"Ruhaan Arjun Rathore" ..

Arjun Rathore's son?

I hear people yelling my name and I feel the water droplets on my face..
I wake up with dizzy eyes.. and search only for one person my mom ..

I stumble on my feet holding mom's arm and take her to the side..

"Mom .. mom is he .. is he the son of.. that . That Rathore" my voice fumbled

"You didn't know?" Her voice was sharp as a knife ..

And the realisation hit me way too hard..

"It's ohkay Ruby .. he's not the one who kil..-

"NO MOM .. HE IS .. HE IS MY DAD'S MURDERER AND I CANNOT .. I JUST-
And my vision turns blurry again.. making me fall on the floor..

_______________________________________

Lots of love
Blakey ❤️