Intro

As children, our elders told us stories about our ancestors, the original benders & the spirits. For millenia during harmonic conervergence, the spirit of chaos Vaatu has battled Raava spirit of peace to escape. One day, the spirits battle broke through the barrier, which divided our worlds, allowing humans & spirits to travel freely among each other.

Long ago, before humans could bend the elements, they bent the energy within themselves. That all changed as tension grew between the two. Forced to seek shelter & protection from the spirits humans found giant lion turtles and bonded with them- building great cities on their backs with the ancient ones granting humans braving the wilds the ability to bend. Over the years, humans lost touch with one another.

Thousands of years later, a human stole the element after they returned from a failed hunt. For this, he was banished to the wilds. The thief accepted his fate but pled to keep the element for protection. The spirits rejected him, insisting he find one of the other lion turtle cities until he defended them from other humans. He stayed gaurding them until he mastered firebending, then traveled the world in search of the other cities.

On his journey, the traveler encountered Raava & Vatuu in battle. Though he was warned not to interfere, he did anyway on behalf of the spirits & animals in their wake. Vatuu begged for help, so the human severed the bond freeing Vatuu from Raava. The light spirit explained their purpose & the man vowed to become strong enough to help restore balance by mastering all the elements before harmonic convergance came.

Once it began, the two became one, forever. They defeated & imprisoned Vatuu in the tree of time. Upon returning to the physical world, the avatar decreed spirits return to their realm, closing the portals so that no human could enter to free Vatuu. Becoming the bridge between our worlds beginning the era of the Avatar.

Over time, the lion turtles stopped giving humans the ability to bend, no longer sheltering or protecting them as humans hunted the lion turtles until only one remained. Humans no longer cared for the natural balance of the world. Exploiting & even hunting even the original benders & spirits for sport.

The cycle renewed for 10,000 years until avatar Korra had been manipulated into reopening the spirit portals freeing Vatuu from his prison. Before truth came to light, the dark spirit merged with a human who then ripped Raava out of the Korra, severing their conection. The dark avatar failed to defeat her, saving the cycle but not the connection.

Wan, Aang & Korra restored balance between spirits & humans. They accomplished more in a few years than most avatars could in their whole lives. Sadly, their time came to an end, and the cycle began anew. Now, it's up to me to maintain the balance & keep the legend alive. To find & imprison Vatuu once & for all.

Intro credit: https://youtu.be/T5vdPy7nbRQ?si=IKn39-bO-eHfiiJA