✩ || 3. break up || ✩

As Jungkook anxiously waits for Jimin's arrival, a mischievous grin spreads across his face.

His excitement mounts with each passing moment, anticipation bubbling within him like a shaken soda bottle ready to explode.

Finally, just as he begins to fidget with nervous energy, the doorbell rings.

"Guyssss this is ittt min hyung's here!" He whispers, winking at the screen.

And with a quickening pulse, Jungkook springs into action, his steps light and purposeful as he makes his way to the door.

His heart races with the thrill of the impending mischief.

He first imagines Jimin's bewildered expression and then the laughter that will surely follow.

With a playful glint in his eyes, Jungkook swings open the door, and in an instant his demeanor completely changes like there's a switch being flipped.

"kkyu!" Jimin smiles, inching forward to hug the younger but jungkook suddenly moves away.

okay, Jungkook is trying his BEST to not kiss the fuck out of his boyfriend because how can someone look so ethereal? gosh, this was going to be one hell of a night. Because pranking jimin? That's alright he'll deal with sleeping on the couch but not touching his boyfriend? Not hugging him? Kissing him? ugh.. why is he doing his again? nonetheless, Jungkook sticks to his act,

"hm hyung." He merely mumbles, walking away already.

huh?

Jimin's heart aches for a split second.

was Jungkook having a bad day?

"kkyu baby, is everything alright?"

Did something perhaps happen at the dance studio?

the thing is, apart from being an Instagram sensation, jungkook's priority was his very own dance school slash studio.

"nah everything's fine, chill." Jungkook says as he walks over into their living room.

okay..but..um.

Jimin entered the living room with Jungkook.

He carefully set down the dinner he had bought, including Jungkook's favorite Tteokbokki and bungeoppang.

However, Jungkook's unusual behavior perplexed him.

Despite Jimin's attempt to set the table and initiate conversation with a soft smile, Jungkook's distant response left Jimin feeling a pang of confusion.

"How was your day kookie?"

"It was alright."

oh. ok.

"what did you do today kookie? did you have fun at the studio?"

"mh"

"How is the new choreogr-"

"Jimin. I'm trying to eat."

Jimin's dumbfounded at the other's dismissive responses because something is definitely wrong.

Why was Jungkook behaving this way? He was never like this. okay, never.

Perhaps, is.. is Jungkook getting annoyed? Is jimin irritating him?.. no but.. Jungkook would never feel that way right? He loves jimin so why was he behaving this way?

"jungkook-ah, something's definitely bothering you, love, wh-"

"God. Yes jimin something is bothering me and that's you. Happy?"

WHAT

Jimin's too stunned to even form a coherent response.

"jungkookie..what..?"

"i wanna break up, jimin. That's what."

Jimin's heart drops to his gut.