The Lackey and The Captain

Start from the beginning

"And this is my ship"

Ren sighed since there wasn't any point of the argument. He stood up, wiping the blood of his mouth. Trying to clean up the mess that had happened.

"It doesn't matter anyways, I have work to do. So please excuse me, captain"

Athena was silent from his remarks, Ren left the engine room and went back to his quarters.

If Athena is someone that can overcome anything, Ren is the opposite. Ren failed at everything and even if he kept trying, nothing will happen.

No good results or any of that kind. Even if he works hard, nothing will make him better or at least on par of a normal captain.

He is a failure and always will be.

-----------------------------

Five hours later, reaching the land of Nagazora. Athena went to the laboratory of the ship to check on something she'll need as an emergency.

"Is it possible?"

Athena asked the scientist right Infront of her. The woman dressed in white, hair color like grapes. A genius that went under Anti-Entropy, one of the three branches that fights honkai, her name is Jessica.

"It is, but the are possible side effects that may be dangerous. It's possible because you're a female, but if this was injected to a male. Either he dies or he becomes one of those disgusting beasts"

The genius scientist replied.

"I see..."

"You were thinking about it aren't you?"

Athena flinched from her remarks.

"It will kill Ren, besides males who have high resistance to honkai are rare. We don't know if it will succeed a hundred percent"

"I know but..."

"I know you guys are close and you won't to help him at least but this will kill him if we aren't careful"

Jessica went to her table, taking vials of honkai energy. She hands them to her and sighs.

"I don't even know why you didn't agree on becoming a Valkyrie. You could easily become one you know?"

Athena looked at the vial at her hands and firmly grips it.

"I don't know specifically why I chose this path. It felt right I guess"

Jessica chuckled and sat down on her chair, typing on her computer. Trying to record the vials that was given to the captain.

"Listen, this vials are prototypes. They aren't simple as you think. The rank of power you could get would be Herrscher level at best. That's why I said, there are possiblities of side effects. Bad ones"

Athena on the bridge, thought about what Jessica had said and hid the vials in her pocket. This mission of scouting information has begun.

-----------------------------

Five hours prior to the landing to Nagazora. Athena and her valkyries started scouting the path, she decided to leave the recording to the drone sent by Helios.

"Captain"

A blonde valkyrie with chakrams on both hands. An A-Rank valkyrie that fought during the honkai war.

"Susannah Manatt, reporting"

She smiled cheerfully.

"Great, you're here. I'm glad you joined Helio"

Athena said and smiled, shaking her hand.

"Eh?? Of course! It was an opportunity to see an amazing captain as yourself!"

"Ah...ahaha..."

Athena was embarrassed during the conversation.

"Let's go everyone. Time to make history"

Athena and the rest rode on a vehicle that had been stored in Helios. During the drive Athena was looking through the binoculars.

"Nothing...nothing at all. It's like a ghost city. Not even honkai beasts."

The city was flooded and broken down at some point but it was possible to travel around.

"We need to head up. We can't see by the ground. We need to level up"

"Roger"

The valkyrie that was driving sped up to a closest high building. Trying to pick a stable one at that. After every turns they arrived at a runned down school.

"Can't read the sign. It's broken."

An unknown school for the crew but it is known to some. Since this was the birth place of the thunder god.

The crew began exploring the school for possible honkai beasts hidden inside. While the rest went to the roof top and checked the surrounding of the ghost city.

"It's nothing...."

"Eh? It's really empty? Not even one single beast?"

Susannah asked as she looked around.

Athena began reporting to Helios. Nothing was found, not even a single entity or civilians. Yet the response that she got from Helios stated that the honkai energy was big in the city.

"What?!"

"Captain! We have visuals on zombies in the school grounds!"

One of the valkyries that was scouting the school had reported via transmission.

"Everyone clear up the zombies to make way, don't bother killing all of them. Make sure we have an escape path"

"Roger!!"

Athena looked at Susannah, giving her command to leave with her and head down with the rest but suddenly multiple Seraph class honkai beasts had appeared around them.

"Time for a work out"

Susannah had already been taking out the other honkai beasts while Athena had given proper orders on the rest.

"Squad one, head to the south of the building of this school. Squad two on the opposite. We need to divide the swarm and make it easier for all of us to get out."

"Captain! All down here!"

Susannah had said with a smile on her face whole Athena had given her a thumbs up. As they left the roof top, they quickly went down and saw bodies of zombies that were about to disappear, Athena smiled, knowing the two squad had properly executed the order.

"By the way, do you like dancing?"

"It's called style!"

Susannah embarrassingly said to Athena who was snickering.

But as they got back out with the rest of the squad. Three emperor class had appeared right in front of them. They only had B ranks and two A ranks with them. This wasn't going to be okay at some point. What bothers Athena more is that, how come when they arrived they didn't encounter any honkai beast, not one.

Yet now, they've been ganging at them left and right. Athena felt like something wasn't right. Like something was controlling them.

A Herrscher is hiding.

"Well....we're fucked."

To be continued.