Chapter 24: A quick celebration

Start from the beginning

"Justin! I told you to put your phone on silent!" Hissed the leader.

The sniper apologized and awkwardly picked up his phone and answered it. However, it didn't take long before he shoved it over to his boss.

"It's for you chief. It's the client. And he sounds pissed."

"Aren't they always." muttered the man, before he took the phone up to his ear. "Hello Watch-"

"ARE THEY DEAD YET?!" Yelled an all too familiar voice from the phone, which startled the man for a bit and only made Dib more nervous.

"Uhm, no sir. We're waiting for them to say their last words."

"...What."

"You know, paragraph 37 section 6, "You are guaranteed to hear and enjoy the last words of the soon to be deceased parties your contract specifies will be eliminated in accordance with-"

"THEIR LAST WORDS COULD BE THE SOUND OF THEM PISSING THEMSELVES AND I WOULD STILL NOT CARE! KILL THOSE INTRUDERS, NOW!" Watchman yelped, making the sniper roll his eyes.

"As you say," He commented, before putting the phone on speaker. "But just a warning, it isn't a very pleasant sound. All right you two, ready to die?"

As the sniper pointed their weapons at them once again, Dib was sweating bullets.

"...No?"

Meanwhile, Zim was looking over to the next building, when he noticed a familiar shining purple object on its roof. It just happened to be the parking building he had landed his ship on. With that, an idea quickly came to him. It was a risky one, but Zim usually didn't bother with annoying things like 'risk assessment' and 'thinking things through'.

"Well too bad." Answered the man half-heartedly, motioning for the guys to take aim.

"Dib-thing, do you trust me?" Zim suddenly asked out of nowhere, making Dib shift between which situations to focus on.

"That's...kinda a loaded question Zim, could it-"

Before he had time to answer, Zim grabbed his arm and started running. Meanwhile, the snipers looked at them with apathetic expressions.

"Where exactly do you think you're going? We're on a roof." Said the leader, as he watched the two nearing the end of the roof.

"Zim, what are you doing, Zim, ZIM ZIM ZIM-" Dib kept screaming as they reached the edge. The human didn't even have time to prepare himself before he saw the edge disappear beneath him and instead saw shining specks he concluded to be streetlights and moving cars.

"It's not like you're gonna-HOLY SHIT THEY JUMPED WHAT THE HELL?!" Yelled the man, rushing over to where they jumped off, looking down on them as they descended to the ground.

"QUICK, WHAT DOES OUR CONTRACT SAY ABOUT SUICIDE?!"

"Uh..." said one of the men, taking a paper that went down to his knees from his back. "...sorry boss, says we are required to be the acute cause of death for the targets."

"...Okay, so, if anyone asks, we pushed them, got it?"

The other snipers nodded in agreement, as they went to the edge and waited for the two falling intruders to hit the ground.

As they fell, Dib quickly ran out of air to scream out and instead turned to Zim for salvation.

"ZIM, PLEASE TELL ME YOU'VE GOT THIS COVERED!" He screamed though he wasn't sure whether the alien heard him. At the very least, Zim looked focused, not paying attention to the fall to their doom. Instead, he looked at a watch on his arm and pressed one of its many buttons.