Part 33

The baby crying wakes me up, my body sitting up and rubbing my eyes. Harry gets up as well, my feet moving to the crib in our room.

"Do you want me?" Harry asks, my head shaking.

"Just go back to sleep. I got it," I kiss his cheek, lifting my baby into my arms. He nods, kissing my temple before I walk out of the room. Big green eyes stare at me as I walk down the stairs, my lips curving down at my baby.

"You need to sleep," I whisper to my baby.

Jayce Alexander is already a troublemaker. He sleeps throughout the day and is awake in the night. It's a hassle but he's very cute.

"Jay," I groan, his hand grabbing my hair. Once pulled away, I move my hair back and sit on the couch with him. He curls into my body and I slouch into the couch to hold him better. I feed him for a couple minutes before his eyes begin to droop. After he sighs with complete sleep, I walk back upstairs and lay him in the crib.

"Is he asleep?" Harry asks, my head nodding. He wraps his arm around me and kisses me before I cuddle into him. Before we say anything else, we fall asleep.

The morning is quiet, Jayce still sleeping. Dylan had to get up for school and Harry took him, my body sitting in bed and reading. Once Jayce is up, I take care of him for the morning and Harry arrives home after his workout.

"Hi Jay," Harry smiles, taking the baby from my arms. The little baby is held in his arms and he sits on the couch, my hand giving Harry a bottle. While he feeds Jayce, I plan out Harry's schedule and grab my keys.

"I'm going to pick up Dylan," I say, Harry nodding.

The drive to the school is quick and Dylan runs towards my car. "Hi mummy," he grins, my lips curving.

"Hello baby," I smile, waiting for him to put his seatbelt on.

"What did you learn at school today?" I ask, steering out of the parking lot.

"We learned about frogs. It was cool. She had a frog!" he smiles, my lips curving.

"Did you hold the frog?" I ask, his head nodding.

He continues telling me about the frogs all the way until we're home, his hands unbuckling after I park. We walk in and Dylan runs over to Harry and Jayce, Harry kissing his temple.

"How was school?" he asks, Dylan saying everything he learned about frogs as Harry hands Jayce over to him.

Dylan always has to be near Jayce. I think the way Dylan has to be around Jayce is so cute, especially when it's their bedtime. Jayce always receives a kiss on the forehead from Dylan and a complaint from Dylan because he can't be with Jayce anymore.

"Jay has funny toes," he laughs, my lips curving.

"What's with you and toes, Dyl?" I ask, the boy always commenting on my nail polish and Harry's toes.

"I think they're cool," he grins, my lips curving. I come to sit on the couch beside Harry but he quickly pulls me on top of him, my body falling to sit on his lap.

We sit and watch TV, my eyes constantly flickering over to Dylan and Jayce. They're both asleep, Dylan holding him in his arms.

"Wake up Dylan for dinner," I whisper to Harry, kissing him before taking Jayce upstairs to sleep.

As I'm taking Jayce upstairs, his usually warm hand is cold and I lean down. His breathing is shallow and I freak out, running back downstairs.

"We have to go to the hospital," I rush, grabbing my keys and putting Jayce in the car seat. Harry grabs Dylan and we get in the car, my feet quickly driving to the hospital. Tears fill my eyes as I explain to Harry, Dylan looking at Jayce. I grab Jayce and run into the emergency room, explaining he's cold and his breathing is slow to the nurse. She takes him into the NICU and I'm not allowed past, my head burying into Harry's chest as I cry.