Part 18

Harry's POV

The sun is warm on my back and I feel overly hot, my jeans still on my legs. My eyes open, disappointed she hadn't stayed. Last night, I had a panic attack for more than two hours. I stayed home, thinking of scenarios that could have happened to Elle because she hadn't called me to pick her up. I knew why, but I thought she might have considered my offer.

The past week has been hell. All I've done is sit at home and sulk. I've written, for the first time since I met Elle. She's my inspiration and I've been gradually building on her story. It's about her; how she's made the stubborn man from England grow to find his heart again.

She's hung out with Hanna. I saw her a few times when I'd sit in the lounge, just to see how she looks. As always, she looks beautiful but so tired. I've had to restrain myself from going over to be with her but yesterday, I couldn't stop. I needed her; I still do.

I couldn't fight last night. The weakness I have without her isn't healthy, but it's what I've become accustomed to. At fights, I need to make sure Elle is there so I can ensure she has the best safety. I'm protective of her and I know it's possessive, but I only do it because I've never felt this way before. She's beautiful and I don't understand how someone like her could end up with me, a lost man who doesn't know how to handle his feelings.

My panic attack opened my eyes as to how much she must care about me. She never left my side and made sure I was alright. I needed her and she somehow showed up. It made everything better. I've always enjoyed singing to calm me down in these situations, so when she complied, singing one of my favorite songs, I knew she'd be there. I've never trusted someone so quickly, so easily before.

Rolling over, I breathe in her smell. Her perfume lingers on the pillow and I find myself unable to let go of it. She has crept into my life and I can't let her out.

After deciding I'm done torturing myself yet again, I look over at the clock and see it's already ten. She probably went to class. Elle's so smart and I encourage her to get a future. But I sit up when I smell something.

Bacon?

Glancing around the room, I see her jacket on the chair. My heart starts to beat rapidly and I quickly move out of bed only to notice her tiny shoes beside my bed.

She's still here.

I smile, running my hand through my hair and rushing out of my room. By the time I make it into the kitchen, she's turned around to look at the man causing the huge amount of noise in the house. Without any thought, my arms wrap around her frame and I lift her so I'm not crouching. Her arms flail around my neck and I hold her close, sighing in the ultimate contentment I feel.

Elle lifts her legs and wraps them around my waist, my eyes shutting as they build with tears again. I don't even give a fuck. She's been away for too long.

Well, a week. But that's a long time for us.

"I'm so sorry," I cry, her body tightening around me.

"I'm sorry I fucked up. You're too good for me but I am too selfish to ever let you go. Please, forgive me," I continue, her fingers running through my hair.

She slowly unwraps her legs and I let her down, my arms still containing her to obtain our embrace. She slowly moves her head up and I look into her eyes, feeling my heart beat rapidly against my chest. Her hands move to my cheeks and she doesn't hesitate when tugging my head down to get my forehead to rest against hers. As I crouch my knees, I lean down to see her better and I watch her closely.

Deciding to give her the control, I bend down, getting on my knees completely. She's small enough so my head is near her chest, her petite form something easy to hold.