chapter fifteen: your paranoia

Start from the beginning

"The same account.", Chaeyoung said upon seeing the name on the screenshot paper. "That name, real_loey.", she pointed to the name on the paper.

Lisa took a closer look at the conversation, "Look at the date. Is this after the party?"

Chaeyoung nodded.

"I think Baekhyun didn't spy on you but he might.", Bogum stated before he showed them the screen of his laptop. "He had been commenting on your videos randomly since the conversation.", he pointed to where they could see the information he was talking about. "But...I checked his IP address and it showed that he was commenting from overseas.", he added while showing another tab on the screen.

"Shanghai, China.", Lisa said.

"He could've asked someone else to spy on you.", Bogum uttered.

"Can you find out what he's doing now, oppa?", Chaeyoung asked.

Bogum nodded before doing his magic while being watched by the two women curiously. After a few minutes, he clapped his hands and showed them what he discovered.

"Park Chanyeol. A CEO of a shipping company in China. He's married for five years with Chloe Yuan and they have a son, Park Chanwoo.", Bogum summarised his findings on the man who allegedly was spying on Chaeyoung.

"With this profile, he's capable of hiring someone to spy on Chaeyoung..", Lisa concluded.

Chaeyoung sighed, "What should I do now? I can't file a report based on just my intuition. Plus, he's far away...no one would believe me."

Lisa took Chaeyoung's hand to give her courage, "If you don't feel safe alone, you could stay with me for a while."

Bogum nodded.

"Thanks but until when? When will I feel at peace again? I can't stay with you forever, Lisa.", Chaeyoung spoke sadly.

"I have an idea but I don't know if you'll like it.", Bogum raised his hand slowly.

"What is it, oppa?", Chaeyoung asked.

He nodded before sharing his thoughts, "You should respond to him. Ask him what he wanted."

"No, oppa. That's not a good idea.", Lisa disagreed. "Chaeyoung, don't listen to him."

"It's the best, harmless way I can think. I don't really like it too but it's the best if you want to settle this quickly and quietly. You know, just between you two.", Bogum added. "You should find out his motive for suddenly showing up again after he left-"

"No-"

"I'll do it.", Chaeyoung made both of her friends speechless. "I'll respond to him. Now.", she added, giving them both of serious gaze.

Bogum nodded, "But his account is private. The only way you can respond is by following him first."

Chaeyoung nodded as she took her phone out, "I know. I'll follow him."

"Chaeyoung, are you sure about this?", Lisa looked worried.

"Yeah, I need to resolve this quickly. I can't keep living my life feeling scared and paranoid longer. It's tiring.", Chaeyoung replied.

"What if he doesn't accept your request?", Lisa asked.

"Well, then. Bogum oppa might need to hack his account to accept me.", Chaeyoung showed them that she had clicked on the request follow button on Chanyeol's account. "For now, let's wait. If he accepts my request, I'll let you guys know. If he doesn't accept in 48 hours, I'll let you know, oppa.", she added, trying to look confident in what she was doing.