v

Meoria

It's been about a week since the auditions and I've honestly been a mess

It's been about a week since the auditions and I've honestly been a mess. On the inside of course. I'm hoping a praying that I get this opportunity but I also feel like the process of hiring me would be too much, which I completely understand. Being a foster kid has stopped so many opportunities for me and if it stopped this one I wouldn't be surprised.

Right now I was at the studio, dancing to relieve my stress so it wouldn't show outwardly. I was just goofing around until my phone rang making my music stop.

I ran over, answering it as quickly as I possibly could without sounding too winded.

"Hello?" I answered, nervously bouncing on my toes.

"Hi is this Meoria?" I heard a voice ask.

"This is she, who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?" I asked keeping my professional act up.

"Hey, its Amari from the auditions last week. How you been pretty girl?" She asked making me smile.

"Hey! I've been doing alright, how bout you?" I asked sitting on the floor to brace myself for whatever news I was about to get.

"I'm going great. I have someone here who would like to speak with you." She said before passing the phone along.

"Hey sweetheart, it's Beyoncé and I just wanted to say I loved your audition." She said making me gasp.

"Oh my God! This is so unprofessional but can you give me like two seconds to fangirl and scream?" I asked making her laugh.

"Sure thing." She agreed causing me to set my phone down and run around the studio screaming silently.

"OH MY GOD ITS BEYONCÉ!!!!" I screeched before running back over to my phone and putting it on speaker.

"Okay I'm back. It's really an honor to speak with you." I said hearing her laugh again.

"Please, I'm just little ole me." She said making me side eye the phone.

"But I was calling because I wanted to hire you on for this tour. I know there's some legal procedures I have to go about first so I was wondering how to get in contact with your social worker to handle the temporary guardianship situation." She explained making my heart race.

"You want me on your tour?! Swear to gawwddd!!" I said kicking my feet in excitement.

"Absolutely! I've watched your audition tape a million times and you actually teach one of my daughter's friends Nayani and her dance group. They're spectacular so I just know you're phenomenal." She replied.

"Aww I love Nani! She's one of my favorites. But as for the guardianship stuff, there's just a few forms to fill out. You don't have to go directly to my social worker, I have them all saved already so I can send you a copy to fill out and submit along with an offer letter for a job." I explained making her hum in acknowledgment.

"You got this all figured out huh?" She questioned making me laugh.

"It's something I have to do with all dancing jobs I get that require me to travel. They get accepted pretty quickly because it helps with the process of me being emancipated from the state." I told her making her hum again.

"I see. Well it won't be me filing for guardianship, its actually going to be Michelle. Is that alright with you?" She asked making me nod until I realized she couldn't see me.

"Oh absolutely. No shade, but she was my favorite member of DC." I said making her laugh.

"Don't tell Kelly but she was mine too." She confessed making me laugh.

"I'm going to text you an email to send all the forms to from this number and once everything goes through I'll give you another call with practice and tour dates. I look forward to working with you Meoria." She said making me fall out.

"Beyoncé just said my name!! Ahhh say my name say my naaammeeee!" I shouted out making her and Amari laugh loudly.

"I can already tell we're about to have a blast on this tour. I'll talk to you soon sweetheart." She said making me pick up the phone.

"Yes ma'am talk to you soon. Thank you so much for this opportunity!" I said bidding her goodbye before hanging up and placing my phone on the floor.

I shot up and started running and screaming around the studio in pure excitement from the news I just got.

"I'm going on tour with Beyoncé!!!" I squealed before falling on the floor with a bright smile on my face.

This was a dream come true.

•••••
quick lil yea yea before my dr appointment ☺️