𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘

Start from the beginning

"I wanna kill him." Kol mutters from The Other Side. 

"Me too." Rebekah and Finn agree in unison. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

Damon and Evelyn slowly wake up on a floor in the cellar of Grayson Gilbert's office. They feel their bodies being stained with lighter fluid. Evelyn feels the vervain in her system weakening her and now she sees what her father meant by 'walking red flag'. 

They watch as John stakes Anna. 

Evelyn is slightly surprised as the Gilbert man knows of Anna's relationship with his nephew, Jeremy. He's much more than a red flag. John begins to pour more lighter fluid on the tomb vampires and then sets them on fire. 

The vampires scream and twitch before laying still as they slowly die. 

Damon looks over at Evelyn, unable to move but they both know what's gonna happen. They're both gonna die tonight. Evelyn curses the Gilbert bloodline in her head. She's only lived for a for weeks after being released from the tomb and now she's trapped again. She despises the founding families. Johnathan Gilbert, John Gilbert. Both assfaces. 

"Assface." Evelyn mutters bitterly in a weak tone. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

"Mayor." Damon mutters after waking up after a while and sees Richard Lockwood sitting there and holding his head. 

"What are you doing here?" Richard questions. 

"I'm a vampire, so is she. What's your excuse?" Damon mutters. 

Richard looks at them more clearly, his eyes widening. Evelyn presses her lips together in annoyance. Why does everyone expect every vampire to be bloodthirsty? I mean, she would kill him if she had the strength since she's a ripper, but that does not mean they are all bloodthirsty.

Richard backs away slowly. 

"No, really. The vervain didn't affect you. You're not a vampire. What the hell are you?" Damon questions, continuing to interrogate the Lockwood man. 

Richard accidentally backs away into a vampire. 

 "Mayor Lockwood." The vampire whispers sinisterly before snapping his neck. 

"Good work, random tombie." Evelyn chuckles humorlessly. 

The tomb vampire eyes her in amusement. "I remember you from the tomb. Evelyn Salvatore. The heretic. The rare hybrid. You reek of magic and immortality."

"I would hope so." Evelyn retorts.  

The tomb vampire chuckles. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

Damon and Evelyn try to sit up as the fire grows closer to them every second. The ceiling begins to collapse. 

"Dad. We need to get out. Fight it." Evelyn mutters. "I can chant, use a spell to remove the fire." She mumbles. 

"Ex Spiritum In Tacullum, En Terrum Incendium, Phasmatos Salves A Distum. Phasmatos motus incendiamos!" Evelyn chants in Latin as the fire grows smaller and slowly disappears. "Come on, let's get out of here right now, Dad." 

Damon groans as he slowly stands up. "My awesome girl." He chuckles weakly.

Evelyn smiles slightly as she begins the route up the stairs to get them out of the building. When they finally get out, they are met by three surprised people. Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie. 

"You...cast the spell." Bonnie furrows her eyebrows, impressed by the heretic. 

Evelyn shrugs slightly. "Either use a spell or die with my father. My apologies, but poetic death is not my big end." She retorts weakly. 

Stefan smiles weakly. "Are you both okay?" 

"Never been better." Damon smiles sarcastically, holding onto his daughter as she supports him. "Seems the vervain don't work as long on heretics. It's good to have a heretic daughter these days, isn't it?" 

Evelyn chuckles softly. She turns serious, looking at Bonnie. "Listen here, Bennett, I don't care who you think you are. If you pull off a foolish stunt like this again, I will kill you myself. I don't hate witch blood. It actually tastes just like human blood. Witches are just humans with magic. You're not that special, sweetheart. Now stay the hell away from my family. Or I will come for yours, your friends, and everyone you have ever met. Clear, witch bitch?"

Bonnie looks stunned. 

Evelyn walks away with Damon before the Bennett girl has the opportunity to let a single word escape her mouth. She watches stunned after the heretic, knowing she's not kidding about killing her. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

After getting home with her father and uncle, Evelyn leaves to talk with Elena. After knocking, Katherine opens and looks slightly surprised. She quickly acts like Elena so the heretic won't suspect her. 

"Evelyn." Katherine speaks. 

Evelyn gets a different feeling around the doppelganger but doesn't comment on it. She rubs her fingertips over her knuckles anxiously. "Hey, can we talk?" 

"Yeah, sure." Katherine steps outside. 

"I just wanted to thank you for...everything. I know you helped get me out of the tomb and you make my uncle less grumpy and brooding. He has always taken every guilt in the world on his shoulders but you make him...happy." Evelyn speaks softly. 

Katherine nods slightly. "No problem." She leans forward, kissing her cheek gently. 

Evelyn frowns slightly, confused by the action but smiles nonetheless. She quickly brushes it off but it makes her think what Isobel said about Elena should pick her instead of a Salvatore brother. But she would never do that to her uncle. 

The heretic gives her a nervous smile. "I-I should go home..." 

Katherine watches after Evelyn and when the heretic is out of sight, she lets a smirk overtake her face. 

💙🩸🌕🔮

When Evelyn gets home, she tries to act casual and not have the I-just-let-my-uncle's-girlfriend-kiss-my-cheek look. She slowly glances between her father and uncle who both sit on the couch of the boarding house. 

"Hey." Stefan smiles softly. 

His soft greeting only makes Evelyn feel worse. She doesn't know what to do and since she doesn't have much practice in lying, she simply smiles weakly before making her way up the stairs to one of the boarding house's free bedrooms. 

She glances around the room, deciding to stay here for the night.

--------------------

A/N: 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is the final chapter before I start on season 2. I will begin the episode where Trevor and Rose kidnap Elena because Elijah is introduced in that episode. 

I love Bonnie but Evelyn is protective over her father and uncle. There is no way she would just let Bonnie try to kill her father and let her get away with it. So her relationship with Bonnie will be rocky but they will be friends later on. 

Not Evelyn rubbing in that Stefan is Elena's to Katherine... 

The real reason why Klaus tortures Katherine in season 2 is revealed. The Originals will hold a grudge over both Elena and Katherine because of their tension with Evelyn.