"..I don't know, bad feeling, I guess..had the urge to call you..actually, I'm coming to you." JJ said

"No!" Her voice echoed throughout the cave, and she nervously laughed, "Okay, okay, look, I wasn't gonna tell you, but I'm with..a boy! Yep, a boy.. and we're um..currently doing things and stuff.."

Rafe snorted, and Wynonna sent him a look,

"Stuff? At 5? You and a boy?" JJ questioned in disbelief, fully wide awake now.

"Yo! John B, wake up! Birdy's with a boy doing stuff!"

Rafe took the phone from Wynonna, and her eyes widened as he brought the phone to his ear, and he smirked at her.

"Sorry, Nonna, can't come to the phone right now. Bye." Rafe hung up the phone, and it rang before he tossed it into the water.

"Dude! My phone!" Wynonna exclaimed, and Rafe shrugged, "you shouldn't have answered it like I told you."

"I'm gonna kill you." She threatened, and Rafe looked down at her, a small laugh escaping him.

"I like to see you try, little poodle."

Wynonna narrowed her eyes at him before sighing. "Alright, we buried it somewhere around here." She turned around and started walking further into the cave, and Rafe followed her.

"So..this time capsule shit?" Rafe questioned after a while, and Wynonna glanced at him before huffing.

"It's not bullshit! I mean, it might be bullshit to you kooks, but to us pogues, it means everything. We were gonna come back and unbury it for our children." Wynonna said

"Children, huh? How many do you want?" Rafe questioned, in a weird tone, and Wynonna hummed.

"I can't have kids, but I'm planning on adopting as many as they let me." Wynonna replied,

"You can't have kids?" Rafe asked, sounding a bit disappointed. Wynonna threw him a look. Why would he be disappointed about that?

"Nope, it runs in the family. My mom was one of the lucky ones, I guess. My aunt can't have kids either." Wynonna replied with a small shrug.

"..why do they call you birdy?" Rafe changed the subject, noticing how uncomfortable Wynonna seemed to be with the conversation.

A smile appeared on her face, "Oh, JJ started calling me that after I nursed a bird back to health on my first day at a new school. That's how I met them. They followed me home and never left me alone," she laughed.

"They're my family," She stopped, and Rafe almost bumped into her, but he stopped before he could.

"This is the place," They were in a smaller part of the cave, and the air inside was barely breathable with all the water, and it damped, slippery even.

The spot that Wynonna was looking at was filled with clear water, but there was nothing but rocks.

"It's down there, " She said, taking a deep breath, "guess, this is where I go in."

Rafe shook his head, "No, I'm going in."

Wynonna huffed out a nervous laugh, "Dude, do you know where the time capsule is buried? Nah, don't think so, I know where it is, I'll be in and out, five minutes."

"I'll follow you then. Either way, I'm going with you." Rafe told her, jumping into the water before Wynonna could protest, but she dived right in.

Rafe swam after Wynonna. They didn't have to swim for long, but the digging part was their biggest problem.

They had to resurface three times to get air and go back down.

"..how deep did you guys bury this thing!?" Rafe exclaimed, breathing heavily, and Wynonna pushed the hair out of her face.

"Deep." Was all she said before diving back down, and rafe followed her.

The next time, Wynonna didn't resurface with him, "nonna!?"

Rafe didn't hesitate to dive back under and swim back to Wynonna.

He found her, she was unconscious, holding something in her hand but that was the least of Rafe's worries, he grabbed Wynonna and swam back to the surface.

He gasped for air as he resurface and dragged Wynonna out of the water,

"Fuck, Wynonna! Open your eyes, come on, baby, don't do this to me." Rafe said before he leaned down and helped her breathe,

Wynonna's eyes snapped open, and rafe pulled back, and Wynonna cough out water,and rafe turned her on her side.

"What the fuck, Wynonna?!" Rafe angrily questioned but Wynonna laughed, lying on her back, and holding up the capsule.

"Got it."

Rafe sat and let out a deep breath,

"for fuck sakes."

--------------------------
Word count - 1347

Thoughts?