2. Bonfire

-

"..there you guys go, back into the ocean." Wynonna muttered as she helped the turtles back into the water after lifting a fallen branch out of their way.

The storm passed, and Wynonna had been up since four in the morning, and her first priority was to check on the animals.

The birds were alright. Most of the bird houses had fallen and been destroyed, but the birds were fine.

After she made sure the birds were fine, she went down to the beach and went to see if any of the sea animals needed help and clean the beach up a little.

"..birdy!" Wynonna snapped her head towards the voice, and she spotted JJ jogging over to her.

He stopped next to her, glancing down at the turtles. He took in Wynonna's outfit.

Blue demin shorts with an old black t-shirt and a flannel shirt wrapped around her waist, with red sneakers. His blue bandana was wrapped around her wrist.

"..you okay?" Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts, and he nodded his head, clearing his throat.

"Yeah. So, you done helping this family of turtles, or are you gonna swim with them to their home?" JJ questioned, gesturing to the turtles.

Wynonna chuckled, "I'm done. How was your night? Did you sleep well?" She questioned, grabbing her abandoned bag from the ground and dusting the sand off.

"Oh, yeah, slept like a baby." JJ replied with a small smile.

"Catch." JJ caught the sandwich that Wynonna thrown at him. "It's turkey."

"Ooh, special treatment? What did I do?" He asked, opening the plastic.

"Nothing. Can't I just give you a sandwich?" Wynonna questioned as the two started to walk off the beach.

"No." JJ replied with his mouth full, shaking his head.

Wynonna slightly shoved him, and JJ laughed, "it's a good sandwich, though. Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?"

Wynonna shrugged, "I don't know."

"Well then, I just have to convince you with the help of John B and Pope." JJ said, finishing his sandwich, and he grinned.

Wynonna let out a startled scream as JJ suddenly picked her up with ease, throwing her over his shoulder and slightly running.

"JJ!"

JJ just laughed in response before he saw the twinkie, and he ran over, opening the door and gently putting Wynonna down, and he jumped inside, closing the door.

"Go, go, go!"

John B sped off without an explanation. "We need to convince Birdy to come to the bonfire tonight." JJ said

"Kidnapping is such a great start." Wynonna sarcastically said with a playful smile on her face.

"Of course it is! Hence why I kidnapped you." JJ replied, and John B glanced at him.

"You just made us accomplice to a kidnapping, dude. Give us a heads up." John B said, and Pope nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, a heads up would've been nice. We could've gotten rope and tape." Pope said, with a grin.

JJ poked Wynonna on her side, "Come on, it'll be fun." JJ sung out, and Wynonna laughed, swatting at his hand.

"Okay, okay! I'll go." The three boys cheered, and Wynonna smiled, chuckling.

JJ stared at her, memorized by her smile. Her dimples were adorable, and the way her eyes were full of joy when she was with them. JJ could just stare at her all day.