CHAPTER: 8- THE PROJECT

"Have a nice day Mr Jack".

Mira and I said In unison while waving at him.

"Have a wonderful day too kiddos".

Mr Jack replied with a smile on his face before driving out of the college basement, while I stood there looking at the car as it drove further away from us.

My thoughts drifting back to the conversation we had earlier in the car, I shook my head not wanting to remember any of it.

Then boom, I felt someone jump on my back, I staggered almost loosing my balance.

"Who the hell is this"?

I said trying not to hiss, the person hands and legs were wrapped around my body in a koala style.

I shook my body trying to free off the weight.

But the person didn't budge, I look at my side to see Mira smiling then It hit me, It could be either Bella, Sofia or Kelly.

A devilish smirk appeared on my face.

Agh, my legs are going numb, I can't feel my legs again, I said with a worried voice
pretending to stagger, Immediately she jumped off my back, the girls already by my side.

"What's wrong with your legs"?

Mira was the first to ask, pulling me to the side so I could rest on a car.

"I don't know".

I said with my head down trying to stiffening a laugh but I guess they noticed me already.

"Is this a joke"?

Kelly asked raising my chin, so I could face them. Unable to hold back my laughter, I laughed uproariously with my hands on my chest.

After minutes of uncontrollable laughter, I glanced up to look at there grumpy faces.

I had a satisfactory smile on my face, As I poke there cheeks one after the other.

"You almost got my panties wet out of worry".

Mirabel said slightly slapping my hand off her cheek.

"Did you just pull a prank on us"? Sofia asked.

"Obviously".

Bella said throwing her backpack at me, I dodged it, but immediately pick it before it landed on the floor, I threw the backpack back at her.

She stick her middle finger at me, while I send her a flying kiss.

"Let get going girls, we don't wanna miss the selection for the project right".

Mira said, dusting the invisible dust off her dress.

"I bet Isabel will be among the qualified  female student to lead the project".

Sofia said nudging me by the shoulder, I rolled my eyes at her, throwing off the idea of me being the female leader of the project.

The project is for all  final year students, from all departments in the college, It will be a work load for me, If I'm selected as the female lead for the project.

*******

Struggling our way into the heavily crowded hall, we walk to the empty seat at the third roll.

And took our respective seats, I look around, the hall is bustling with students chatting, laughing and teasing each other.  I sighed, fishing out my phone, I busied myself with it, till the lectures grace the hall with their presence.

*********

"As you all know today mark the date of the  project, performed by the final year student of this college annually. So I believe every student here in this hall are at there fourth year".