CHAPTER: 6- MEETING WITH THE STRANGER AGAIN 2

(THE BANQUET NIGHT)

Dressed in a white off- shoulder grown, Made of slick chiffon, Revealing my cleavage, Draped beautifully around my breast and down to the waist but flowing freely to the ground.

I glanced up to look at the clock, It was 6:45, We have just 15 minutes to get ready, The banquet will be starting by 7 PM.

"Mirabel, We have just 15 minutes left,.....

"Yes yes I Know, I'm almost done with my makeup",

She said gesturing to her face before turning back to the mirror,

Mirabel and I wore the same style of clothing, But with different colour, Her's is black while mine is white, And now she's doing something she does not usually do,

" Applying make us",

Which I find very tiring and a waste of time, But as usual I applied little lip gloss and mascara, My hair falling over my shoulder, then a matching little piece of ear rings, necklace and bracelet.

"Don't just stand there staring at me, I Know I'm gorgeous, but please go get our heels",

Mira said winking at me, I rolled my eyes before walking to the closet to get our heels.

After exactly 10 minutes, We were done and ready to go join our parents, Who were already waiting for us.

"Wow, look at my little beautiful princesses", Mum said smiling.

"You're also looking gorgeous mum", I said winking at her.

She is dressed in a floral white long dress with a slit at the right side, Creating a simple yet classic look, While my father is dress in a all black tuxedo.

Our Benz halted with a screech sound, As we pulled outside the venue, I glance up from my phone, removing my head set, I kept myself busy because Mira won't stop blabbing. I saw reporters running towards our ride, I rolled my eyes while Mira tried adjusting her dress, looking at her mirror for the umpteenth time.

Their camera flashes won't just stop Argh, My Mom and Dad, Step out of the car smiling as they waved to the camera, But not before warning us to be careful, We walked behind our parents, With my Dad hand hooked firmly around my mum elbow.

The building is magnificently big, With a all white painted wall, Light are lined up in rows in the outer building creating a divine yet celestial appearance.

As we walk into the building, I saw different people from different aspects of life, People from prestigious family, Business tycoons, Celebrities, Actors, Actress and other influential people I never thought I would come across, People I only see on magazines and television programs.

We walked into the reception, And its far beyond my expectations, The beautiful chandelier hung in the ceiling, Exquisite glass tiled floor, Reflecting the light from the chandelier creating a unique spark, The painting and most Importantly the ocean of people going to and fro, Waiters and waitresses attending to the guest and the low but pleasant music playing in the background, I was beyond astonished, Leaving me to wonder who could have been the host of this Grand yet heavenly event.

After sitting together leisurely for about 20mins, My Mum actually left some minutes ago to have a conversation with some of her business friends, while my Dad also excuse himself to meet some business partners, So it was only I and Mira who were left alone here, Mira brought our her phone taking pictures and videos of us from different angles and poses at the reception.

The spokesman came onto the podium addressing the Guests, He called out the names of people that were to give their speech, Which we didn't pay attention to, Just then, I felt someone's hand on my bare shoulder, I snapped out of my reverie and guess who it turns out to be...,