Summer Fun

Summer break, Steves pov:

I wake up early in the morning and it's hot out already. The breeze is cold but the sun is hot. I roll out of bed and I put on a blue t-shirt and shorts and walk into the bathroom and look myself in the mirror and smile to myself then I grab my toothbrush and put a blob of toothpaste onto my toothbrush and brush my teeth. After I'm doing my morning routine. I head downstairs and I put two eggos into the toaster and pour myself a cup of water and I lean against the counter and sip my water hum "Sweater Weather" By The Neighborhood. The toaster pops and I grab a plate and put the eggos onto the plate and put butter on it and my phone buzzes and I look at it and it's from Eddie

***

Eddie: "Hey man. I was wondering if you could pick me up when we go to the River at lunch. My uncle took the van"

Steve: "Yeah sure man. I don't mind. Also what time at lunch should I pick you up?"

Eddie: "Uhmmm. How about at 12:30? Then we can set up and all that."

Steve: "Yeah okay. And I heard that it's supposed to be prettyyyy hot out today."

Eddie: "Well then it's a good thing I picked to go to the River, huh?"

***

Steve laughed to himself

***

Steve: "Yeah yeah. I get it your good at thinking ahead blah blah"

Eddie: "Hey atleast I thought about going to the River and somewhere there isn't water. Be greatful."

Steve: "I am greatful!"

Eddie: "Okay Stevie. If you say so. Oh! And I also made a playlist for us and the gang to listen to at the River"

Steve: "Can't wait to hear it. There better not be like... I don't know... Iron Maiden...?"

Eddie: "Iron Maiden is good! But there is none of that on the playlist don't worry"

Steve: "Good. Alright. Well I gotta eat breakfast I see you at 12:30"

Eddie: "Okay. See ya soon Stevie"

Steve: "Don't call me that"

Eddie: "Too bad"

***

I turn off my phone and eat my eggos and drink my water. After I'm done I head out to the backyard to the shed and I grab defalted floaties and I pick them up and walk to my jeep and put them into the back then walk back inside and crab a cooler and I place that into the back as well and I already have my speaker in the car so I'm good. I keep checking my phone for the time but it's 10:17 so no where close and I groan then I walk to the living room and sit down and turn on the tv and put on "Rocketman" because I forgot about the part I was on.

Once I see the part my heart flutters and my cheeks heat up and I feel those butterflies and I groan again "Jesus... I forgot that I stoped at this part..." I mutter and sigh. As I watch the butterflies calm down and my cheeks cool off. I'm under the blanket just watching and I start to enjoy the movie and I smile. The movie ends and I check the time on my phone and it's 11:30 so I put my phone down and watch "Empire Records" since a short movie. As I'm watching the movie I get a text from Tommy so I open my phone.

***

Tommy: "Hey Steve. I'm texting you because Eddie wanted me to tell you he's bringing weed to the River"

Steve: "Okay. But we didn't Eddie just text me about that...?"

Tommy: "Because he told me- Well texted me saying he didn't want to bother you until you picked him up"