16 : love at first sight

Start from the beginning

Oh goodness, is she annoyed?? so adorable.

She greeted Rahil sir, and he introduced me as his secretary to them.

My grin widened even further, and she looked at me as if I had escaped from a mental asylum.

A low chuckle escaped my throat and Laila gave me a look before focusing back on the road as she was driving to who-knows-where.

The destination didn't matter as long as I had the precious opportunity to be with her. Since our first meeting, we had to stay in touch as secretaries, constantly coordinating meetings and schedules. I was over the moon, honestly.

She was absolutely adorable when she got all riled up, and I loved provoking reactions out of her.

I couldn't resist flirting with her whenever I could. She was a force to be reckoned with, a fiery and captivating woman. Her reactions only fuelled my desire.

She used to threaten me, saying she'd complain to my boss, but I couldn't care less. My job was important, sure, but wooing Laila
had taken center stage in my life.

I may not have known what I wanted from life, but one thing was crystal clear : I wanted her. Only her.

I never knew I had that natural flair for flirting within me. You see, I've always been known as the happy-go-lucky person, goofing around and spreading joy to everyone.

I didn't have any flirty tendencies until certain red-headed came into the picture.

" I already told you not to stare at me like a creep," Her voice broke me out of my trance.

I was about to throw a full-on flirtatious line, but she quickly silenced me with her humorous threats, leaving me unable to suppress a chuckle.

A tinge of disappointment washed over me when she revealed that she hadn't called me here to say a simple 'yes.' I had hoped she was about to give me her answer.

Never before had I felt such nerves coursing through me as I did when I proposed to her yesterday, asking her to be my girlfriend.

If it were up to me, I would have directly asked her to be my wife, but I cherish my life very dearly.

So, I opted for the safer route of asking her to be my girlfriend. However, her piercing gaze almost killed me, you know like if looks could kill and all.

And as expected, she left without uttering a single word in response.

Deep down, I know she has feelings for me as well, but there's something holding her back, something I can't quite put my finger on.

She told me about how Ayezah has a stalker and all the shit about the mysterious figure in freaking red hoodie.

The depth of her love and care for her best friend warmed my heart, knowing that she was willing to put her own life at risk. I knew she could go any lengths for her loved ones.

That's just how amazing my Laila is, y'all. She's absolutely perfect in every way.

I think I fell even more in love with her in that moment, as if I'm continuously tumbling and falling deeper into a love that feels impossible to escape.

Suddenly, the red hoodie dude abruptly halted his car in a shady and unsettling location, that creep the fuck out of me.

At first, Laila didn't object to my accompanying her, but later she insisted that I stay inside the car. I couldn't believe it. Did she really think I would let her face that freak all alone?