The car hasn't even stopped when i already opened the door and sped towards her.

She didn't have a jacket.

She was whimpering softly.

I scooped her into my arms and she clung onto me with fear. I ran towards the car and told  Zander

,,put on the heater" as i put her onto a seatbelt and he did as he was told.

I put her on to my lap in the passenger seat next to Zander.

Jakob and Aiden were sitting in the backseat watching us with horror filling their eyes.

She was shivering violently and i pressed her body more against mine.

what the hell was she doing there?

she was shivering even harder now

,, Ava, baby. I need you to breathe okay?
all heads snap toward me

,, i-" her shivers worsen

,,i-i-can't Liam, i really c-can't"

i put my hand on her chest and her eyes snap towards me but right now i have to help her.

I even her breathing with my hand as i show her how to do it.

Her breathing slows by time. She's about to fall asleep but Zander opens his mouth before she can even close her eyes

,, Ava who the hell left you like that there?"

she yawns and answers sleepily

,, uh-" yawn- ,, my mom. She cut of my child custody fonds and my child support so i couldn't get home anymore. My banks were connected to that and she knew it but i-" yawn ,, i think it's my fault really. It's my fault dad's in jail away"

i freeze. JAIL?!

Zander seems to have done the same thing

,, in jail for what, Ava??" asks he but she remains silent.

,, Ava?" i ask

,, i really don't want to talk about it.."
now Zander has stopped the car

,, you told me you'll call me if that happened" Zan says

,, i- i know Zan, i'm sorry"

,, you fucking promised!" he slams his hand on the wheel and i can feel Ava's body stiffen as she brings her hands up to her face and hides onto my body.

her dads in jail, she's scared when there are lots of guys at our home, she doesn't eat and apologies always for things that aren't her fault. she's been abused.

i stiffen.
,, what did he do, Ava?" i ask as calmly as i can.

,, he just made a mistake, mom said he didn't mean it i promise. It's my fault i swear. I'm so sorry, im- im so sorry"

,, please forgive me Zander.."

forgive her??? for getting abused! there's nothing to forgive when she did nothing wrong!

,, i'm not mad at you, Ava! but you told me he didn't hit you anymore!"

now all of us, guys, stiffen.

Aiden's whole mouth falls open and Jakob looks like he's gonna get sick.

I have this really big urge to just beat the shit out of her father.

,, it's not that bad Zander! it was just a tiny mistake" she's in denial. I can see it. She doesn't want to forget her parents.

,, then show them, Ava. Show them the marks, really. Show them what DID he do, and it wasn't really one time now was it, Ava? you lied when i asked you about it"

,, what was i supposed to say! that my father who was supposed raise me and teach me how to learn how to ride a bike and dance abused me and instead broke the only bike i had when i bought it with my own money because they told me they wouldn't buy me anything and they were gambling all of their money away . He didn't teach me how to dance! instead he broke my leg so i couldn't go to homecoming with that boy who was the only one who dared to invite me!"

that there, that broke my heart to pieces. I could feel it ripping in half

Zander looked at her with his mouth hanging open.

,, you should show Liam, Ava"

she was too tired to answer anymore. She shrugged and snuggled closer to me.

,, ...yeah, i should" she answered her voice barely a whisper. Her big brown eyes connect with mine as they look deep inside mine.

,, can you not leave me please?"

,, of course, Ava" i answer immediately as i pull her closer to me.

She fell asleep not long after. The drive was quiet back home but i knew what they were feeling.
Zander felt guilty for not being there for her. I felt pain for her and Aiden and Jakob felt the same but also the confusion of how can such an amazing person, a woman, be treated like that?

true answer is, i have no idea.
She is the brightest and most incredible woman i have ever met and i have a feeling this spark will stay lit even on the darkest times and she'll always have me to light it back up when she needs help.

IM GONNA CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP NOW