𝐌𝐄𝐈 𝟎𝟎𝟎 || ʜᴇ'ʟʟ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴜᴇ...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ☀︎ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
       ⃝                                   𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In his heart, there's one thing he'll forever rue...

The weight of his lingering weakness is a burden he can't escape...

"Human... awaken," came a voice filled with sorrow, gently prodding his face to open his eyes, "If you do not stir... the world shall crumble and burn..." The threat rang chillingly in the air, not for the looming destruction, but for the palpable desperation and anguish in the voice. "Cale... please..."

His breath came in shallow gasps, faintly catching whispers of more voices reaching out, "Cale-nya... Stay with us," another voice pleaded, followed by yet another voice joining in, "You cannot leave us... You gave your word..." He felt warm droplets trickling onto his skin, their warmth akin to... No, they were the tears of beloved companions.

He tenderly reached out to touch the children he held dear, his delicate hands conveying a sense of reassurance. With great effort, he opened his eyes, a faint glimmer of hope igniting within his companions at the sight. "Cale-nim..." A young man, his dark hair and eyes reflecting his deep concern, hesitated before continuing, "can you...?" His voice trailed off, weighted with an unspoken fear.

Another figure approached, his features cloaked in darkness despite a radiant aura around him that spoke of sorrow rather than joy. "You... you reckless fool..." he murmured, his words laced with a mixture of disbelief and sadness. Cale nodded in agreement, recognizing his own foolhardy actions.

Yet, in that moment, he had managed to save them all.

Even though he could never save himself.

Even though he endured excruciating pain that he detested, he found solace in the knowledge that he had shielded those he cared for.

Through eyes that could barely discern shapes, he gazed at the faces surrounding him, each one holding a piece of his heart. The elderly man stood steadfast at his side, a constant presence since his first moments in this realm. "Young Master..."

Next to him, the son of the old man, a trusted ally despite his vicious occupation, cradled a group of weeping children. "Young Master... Didn't you wish to dine with us, together...?"

"Young Master Cale..." A woman with fiery red locks regarded him with anguish in her eyes, while a golden-haired elf at her side observed him with a mix of emotions. "Are you choosing to depart before me?"

A slight twitch of Cale's lips conveyed his understanding of the ancient dragon's desire for peace. "No, Goldie gramps! None of you shall depart before your time!" The voice that had once threatened discord in the world now rang out with resolve, amidst a chorus of objections and entreaties for them to stay.

Struggling to draw breath, his pallid lips quivering with every effort, he found his ancient powers inert, the Vitality of Heart lying dormant. Every essence of strength seemed to elude him, leaving him adrift without the familiar hum of life pulsating within him.

"I... I hate this pain..." His weakened voice barely audible, a man grasping his hands in a desperate attempt to offer solace. The man, whom he recognized as his father in this realm, gazed at him with tearful eyes devoid of words, silently pleading for a way to ease his suffering. "I understand... What can I do? Name it, and I will scour the lands to procure it. Just... do not slip away from us..."