Fast and Feisty: Drifting In Tokyo (4)

Start from the beginning

   "Urgh...teenagers and their dumb hormones," she muttered under her breath. She then sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I guess I'll have to wait until they're done being gross." She headed over to Angie and Tsumugi's room. Fortunately for her, Tsumugi wasn't in the room, but Angie was.

   "Chibi-Kichi! Good to see you again!" Angie chirped. "Come in! Have you decided to keep art as your hobby?"

   "Mmm...I guess it'll be more like a side hobby," Kiki admitted. "I came up with something else I wanna try. But I was wondering if I cold borrow some drawing paper and a pencil?" Angie nodded and reached into her desk drawer to grab a blank sheet of paper. She then handed Kiki a drawing pencil and a pink eraser. "Thanks, Angie!"

   "You are very welcome!" Angie replied. Kiki left the room and headed back to the dining hall to draw. She sat down in a chair and mindlessly started drawing a car. Her mind drifted to a racetrack. Kiki imagined herself inside a racecar, waiting at the starting line. She watched intently as the stoplights changed from red, to yellow, and then green. Kiki immediately sped off. The crowd roared as she flew on the track. The speed filled her with an exciting adrenaline, and as she turned the corner, she drifted smoothly as Kokichi had done the day before. The crowd broke out in thunderous applause as Kiki crossed the finish line. She hopped out of the car and started jumping and laughing wildly, still reeling from the drive. 

   "What are you laughing at?" Kokichi's voice brought Kiki out of her reverie. She found herself laughing in real life by accident. Kokichi and Himiko had just come through the front door, and were smiling strangely at Kiki. Kiki blushed slightly.

   "Oh, sorry..." she mumbled, scratching her head with embarrassment. 

   "Nyeh...I'll see you later, Kokichi," Himiko said, batting her eyelashes at him.

   "'Kay! Later, babe!" Kokichi said, giving her a kiss goodbye. Kiki turned her head and stuck her tongue out in disgust. 

   "Yecchh!" she said quietly. 

   "Nee-heehee...I heard that," Kokichi said, sitting next to Kiki. "You just wait until you get your first crush."

   "Mmm...I don't think I'm allowed to have a crush," Kiki replied with a shrug. "I don't think my parents would let me."

   "Well, I'm sure they wouldn't let you have a boyfriend," Kokichi corrected. "But they can't stop you from having a crush. That's just something that you feel for someone."

   "Oh..." Kiki said. "Well...I don't think I'd ever have a boyfriend, anyways. I'm not exactly the prettiest girl at my school. At least, that's what Hoshiko says. A lot of the boys like her, so she's probably right."

   "Bzzt! She's most definitely wrong! " Kokichi said. "You happen to very adorable! I mean, you look a lot like me! And if I was able to have someone fall for me, you can have someone fall for you, too!"

   "You're just saying that cuz you're my cousin," Kiki said with a gloomy smile. 

   "Nuh-uh!" Kokichi said. "Well...okay, maybe a little. It does help that you look like me, though! But you're a cuter version of me! You got the pigtails, that's pretty cute! And you've got a pretty cool style, like with the bows and matching skirt, you got the tie-over-the-collar thing goin' on--that's something I'd totally do--and the kogal socks. Girl, you are kil-lin' it! And Hoshiko? She looks like straight up dog doo-doo." Kiki burst into a fit of giggles. 

   "Thanks, Kokichi," she said. Kokichi gave his cousin a hug.

   "No problem, pally," he said, ruffling her hair affectionately. 

   "Oh! By the way, I think I figured out what I-" Kiki began.

   "Hey! I thought I heard your voice!" Kaito said, walking into the dining hall. He pointed to Kiki. "I've figured out a new hobby for you!"

     "Ugh...I already told you, I don't want to do anything space-related," Kiki sighed, rolling her eyes. 

   "You won't have to do anything at all, except to watch this..." Kaito said triumphantly, pulling out a rollup poster and unraveled it. 

    "Cosmic Quest? " Kiki asked, tilting her head. "What is that?"

   "It's only the best show on planet Earth!" Kaito replied. "It's a show where people live in space, traveling the universe to discover new life and new civilizations aboard the starship, Booby Prize! " Kokichi and Kiki snickered and shook their heads. "It's a kickass show," Kaito continued. "And, who knows? You might even become a Questie, like me!" Kokichi wrapped his arms around Kiki and swung her away from Kaito, holding her like a teddy bear.

   "Nuh-uh!" he said, frowning at Kaito. "She's my cousin, Kaito! Go find your own cousin to defile and humiliate with your Questie crap!"

   "Hey, you take that back!" Kaito yelled. "And you should let Chibi-Kichi decide!"

   "Hmph...you're not even allowed to call her Chibi-Kichi," Kokichi said, narrowing his eyes at Kaito. "Only cool people can call her that, so bleeeh!" He stuck his tongue out at Kaito.

   "I am cool, so I'll call her Chibi-Kichi if I want!" Kaito countered.

   "Um...can I talk now?" Kiki asked, confused as to what in the world was going on. 

   "Oh! Oopsie-poopsie!" Kokichi said, and released Kiki. "Sorry, cuz! Nee-heehee...I didn't want you to get infected with 'Brovid-19!' That disease makes you act like an idiot!" He gave Kaito a bratty grin. Kaito glared at him. "So, what did you wanna talk about?" Kokichi asked his cousin. 

   "I finally figured out what I want my new hobby to be!" Kiki replied eagerly. She showed Kokichi her drawing of the car. "I wanna be a racer!"