F O R T Y: Runaway Bride

Start from the beginning

"She's over there," Sirius said, he followed his friend over to the table, "Narcissa?"

She looked up at him, giving him a tight smile that was very similar to her younger sisters. "Sirius," she nodded, then looked up at Remus, seeming to connect the dots, as the two sat down she slid an envelope over to Sirius.

He furrowed his brows, as he opened it. "Shit," he breathed out, Remus read the words, the little hope he had was slowly dying.

You are welcomed to the wedding of
Antonin Dolohov
and
Solana Black

"It came this morning, but I've known for a few days, I just didn't know the location," Narcissa said, she kept looking behind her as if someone was watching them. "Listen, I need your help to get her out-"

"You want to help her?" Remus asked out loud, he knew from Sirius' experience that once you turn your back on the family you were outcasted.

Narcissa flashed her dark blue eyes at him. "She is my little sister, I don't care what she has done, who she is involved with, I just know that she will not be safe when they are married, Antonin seems worse than my father. We have three days to devise a plan, and I know you can help me, they won't let her leave as easy as they let Andromeda leave,"

"Does anyone else know?" Sirius asked.

"That I am here? Of course not, Lucius thinks I'm with Bella," Narcissa said, looking back at the invitation, "The wedding is... it's in Russia, at the Dolohov manor..."

Remus and Sirius listened to her as she told them her plan.

6th June 1978

   12:07

Remus paced the room, thoughts of failing kept running through his head. What if they were too late, what if it didn't work, what if they were caught.

"Remus," Sirius said, leaning next to the door, checking through the gap. Right this moment James and Peter were setting up the dungbombs, they just had to wait for their signal then they could get Solana and use the portkey that Narcissa had left them upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

Which would be going off at sixteen minutes past twelve, that left them with nine minutes, he looked down at his watch. "Have they done it?" he asked, his fists clenched in a ball.

"Not yet," Sirius said, looking at his watch also, "Fucking hell they're taking too long- it's done, they've done it-"

He heard a loud bang then shouting, he gave Sirius a quick look before darting out of the room, the green smoke was mainly by the guests, but he saw her almost straight away.

She didn't look like her, she looked small and frail, the dress she was wearing looked like it was heavier than she was, he checked out for Antonin before taking her arm and pulling her away into the room.

"Get off me!" she struggled in the grip, punching him away from her.

"It's me- Lana, it's me-" he let go as Sirius closed the door behind them, she stared up at him in disbelief, tears beginning to well up in her eyes, her chest faltered as she gripped him in a hug, she clung onto his jumper as if he would disappear from her if she let go, she felt fragile in his arms, he wanted nothing more than to protect her.

"You- you're here," she breathed out.

Remus pulled back and cupped her cheek, "I'm always here for you," he wiped away the tears that had fallen down her cheeks.