2| "𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵"

Start from the beginning

"Aww, Vaggie, you'd do that for me?" Charlie gasps, squealing and hugging the shorter woman tightly. "That's so sweet!"

"But it isn't working at all! It was supposed to be ready by the time you got here, but Husk won't go off book, Angel keeps sexually harassing him, Alastor isn't any help, and Niffty freezes up on camera!" Vaggie huffs, but leans into Charlie's embrace nonetheless. "And what does 'fix it in post' even mean!?"

You smirk and stretch your arms forward, entwining your fingers and cracking your knuckles. You shrug your shoulders and wave your hand, summoning your mink-engraved staff. "A commercial for the hotel? I think I could help with that. Consider it my first investment." You slam your staff to the ground and a powerful gust of wind blows through the parlor, and when it clears, everyone is wearing pristine white clothing, the women in graceful gowns, the men in posh suits... and you gave Angel Dust's suit a boob-window, just to play into his perceived character thus far.

"Ooh!" Charlie exclaims, looking down at herself and doing a little spin, watching the way the dress flows freely around her knees.

"Oh-ho-ho, dickless is a pervert." Angel Dust teases, pushing his chest up to accentuate the chest fluff that's hanging out of the hole in his suit.

Alastor looks down at his own attire, a sort of static 'screech' playing from his microphone: a truly irritating sound. His eye twitches and he snaps his fingers, changing back into his typical clothing... plus a top hat. He'll play into this a little.

———

You stand off to the side as the others take their seats around the television, huddling around to watch your very first, therefore very best, commercial. With little connectional influence in Hell, you'd had to turn to Alastor to get the commercial to be broadcast so soon, which, surprisingly, took little convincing. Perhaps a part of him was proud of it, too. You'd given him one line of voiceover, himself, after all.

"Welcome to the Hazbin Ho—" Vaggie's voice says on screen, when suddenly the channel flashes and instead, two news reporters take the stage.

Charlie cries in frustration, Niffty giggles jubilantly, Vaggie groans, and you grip your staff tighter than usual. This wouldn't have happened in Heaven.

"Breaking news! The extermination date has been moved up by half, giving us only half a year before the next one! Do you know what that means, Tom?" The female reporter announces, cracking her head to the side with another sickening sound. For the love of all that is Holy, must they do that so often!?

"No, Katie, what does that mean?" Asks the male reporter, presumably, Tom.

"It means we're all royally fucked!" Katie cheers, and you take a quick step forward and shut off the TV.

The reactions from the others are less than pleasant, everyone groaning or complaining, but Charlie gets to her feet swiftly and moves toward you.

"Why didn't you tell me that earlier?" She asks. "You had to have known, right?"

"It hardly seemed important compared to your passion project, here." You shrug, gesturing grandly to the hotel you're in. "Besides, what does it change? With my help, we'll have proof of sinners being redeemed in as little as a few weeks, and the extermination won't take place at all." You chuckle. "And even if this idea of yours fails, dooming you and the souls of your loved ones for decades to come... the extermination won't be a problem so long as I am here at all. Proof or otherwise."