Chapter 1

Hello! I decided to start writing an anidala fic. I also am posting and updating it on ao3 under the same name. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~

I slide my dagger into the ankle of my heeled boots and look at myself in the mirror one more time. My dark brown hair is tied up in a tight low bun on my head. I have a slight smudge of eyeshadow on my eyes, some mascara, and a generous amount of gloss on my lips. I take a deep breath in and adjust my strapless black dress. It's distracting enough, with its tight material and eye-catching shimmer. I usually don't bother with all the fluff and fancy, but tonight is a special night.

Tonight's party will include many important guests that hopefully hold the information I am seeking. It is a celebration of the infiltration of a rebel base on planet Hoth, so there will be many important guests present. Hopefully with all the celebratory drinks the results will be some very loose lips. This isn't my first operation; however, I can't help but feel nervous. Each time I sneak into an enemy compound or charm my way into getting information, I never truly know if it may be my last. Obi-Wan, my dear friend and comrade, constantly tells me that without my help (as well as many others) many of our missions would fail. They rely on the information given. If any of it is faulty or someone is found out, it can have disastrous consequences. Despite my constant help with the rebellion, it seems like we are constantly 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. We blow up an Imperial base, they capture and murder a whole village. We rescue rebel sympathizers and comrades; they find and destroy an underground railroad for Jedi and Force-sensitives alike. It ever seems to end. However, many of our higher ranking officers seem convinced that it's doing something, so I try my best to not lose hope in the cause.

Before the Empire, being a senator actually meant something. Using the connections I have now, I still try to make a difference. As a representative of the people, and a former queen, I have to be good at talking with people, convincing people of things. I had many years to refine that skill. Darth Sidious taking control of the galaxy changed many things, but he didn't change the need for me to help people. As a senator, I am an advocate for people. I am still doing that in a way; it just looks different now. There are still senate meetings and the creation and discussion of bills, but most of the time it is all for show and doesn't seem to make much of a difference anyway in the grand scheme of things. I have to try to pick my battles carefully because things can turn sour quickly. Any sort of rebel suspicion would not only be catastrophic for me, but for my family as well. I shake my shoulders in the hopes that I can shake out my nerves.

With one final look, I make my way to my shared transport. The gala tonight is being held by Kin Robb, another senator like myself. Many senators still play the political game, not sure of what side to play on. Kin, like myself, plays both sides. Kin agreed to host tonight's gala in the hopes that it will snuff out information on the Imperial's next act as well as any other information we can gather.

I already start to regret the silver high heels seeing as they already are starting to hurt my feet. But they make me look a little taller. I take a look at the others in my shared transport to see if I recognize anyone. I take a deep breath and fidget with my hands. There is a rumor that both Darth Sidious and his padawan are going to be at the gala tonight. This is the main source of my nerves. They like to make appearances to a few galas here and there in order to remind people that they are in fact real. Their intense stairs are felt, instantly making the room feel constricting. Their dark power permeates the room and strikes fear to any near. I have never been in a room with the Emperor's padawan, thank the stars, but tonight might be the night. I have unfortunately been in the presence of the Emperor himself many times. We both are products of Naboo, but also before his takeover, I had considered the Emperor and I close colleagues if not almost friends, until his devious takeover. His maniacal and manipulating ways were truly shown. I never truly understood how perverse and sinister the Emperor's powers bled through the system. How much he manipulated others that ended up creating the world that we live in now.