"There she is!" Kiley grinned and stood up to give her a hug. "I know I only saw you a few days ago but I feel like it's been so long."

"Well I spent the night with Jeremy so I guess we really didn't see each other, huh?" She laughed as the pulled apart. "He's really funny."

"He told Charlie you were his dream girl but that you weren't interested, so he settled for being your friend." Kiley stuck out her bottom lip for a moment. "Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard?"

"He's so cute. We're texting quite a bit, mostly just sending each other memes." She turned to watch the drill for a second, seeing Geno speed skating after the puck."

"And there's no chance of a hook up?" Kiley asked, making Aly's head almost fly off her shoulders as she spun back around. "Asking for a friend."

Her back to the rink meant she didn't see the play that was going on, nor did she see the trouble she was about to be in when Geno lamped the puck across the ice but hit it on a weird angle, causing it to go airborne and it was headed straight for Aly's head. Luckily for her, Sid was on it like a shot and although he wouldn't be able to stop it with his body, he could absolutely get his stick on it to stop it from hitting her. He just got his stick on it, with inches to spare. 

"Kiley!" She laughed. "No. He's strictly a friend that--" A loud slap noise had her letting out a screech before she turned around to see Sid completely out of breath with his stick still in the air. Mike blew his whistle and the play stopped, it became pretty obvious something had happened.

"Nearly took you out there, eh?" Sid laughed as he put his stick down and leaned on the board. "You ok?"

"What happened?"

"High puck, I just managed to tap it with my stick before it hit ya." He swallowed hard whilst he was trying to stable his breathing. "Would have been a hospital job, that's for sure."

"Always coming to my rescue these days, Sid." She playfully slapped his shoulder before glancing at Kiley. "He felt sorry for me after our night out and made me a bowl of spaghetti to soothe my hangover."

"Oh." Kiley nodded as she grinned, she hadn't been sure what Aly was getting at. "Was she really rough?"

"Yup." He winked at Kiley before he gave a little wave and got back to running the drill with the guys. Aly shook her head because she was still mortified at how hungover she had been, especially for Sid to break his strict routine to give her food. They'd won that night, so it hadn't screwed too much up and Sid had even scored two goals.

"Mike? I'm stealing your daughter to take her to lunch." She called out to him and he nodded, giving them both a little wave. "Can you tell the guys to measure their fingers for potential cup rings? I'll be needing them."

"Sure." He nodded before blowing his whistle at the guys. "See you girls later."

"Bye." Aly gave a little wave before she pulled Kiley away so they could head out for food. 

Mike called time and everyone gathered around the bench,  it was the end of practice but Mike had some pressing issues to take care of. He'd noticed Pascal was struggling physically and Sid's head seemed to be elsewhere because he just wasn't concentrating and it had taken the risk of a fractured skull for him to get his head back in it, the only reason Geno made the shot was because of a stupid mistake from Sid in the first place which had sent it barrelling up the ice.

"Duper? You're benched. Go get that leg looked at, I'm not happy with the way you're skating on it and I can tell it's causing you some pain. Go on." He pointed his head in the direction of the medical room and Pascal nodded, slowly skating off the ice to a clattering of sticks from his team mates. They all knew he was probably not going to be in the game tomorrow, most of them were shocked he was even skating today.