𝐢𝐯. 𝐣𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐡

twitter!

🚨 Exciting news! 🚨 We're thrilled to announce that Daisy Shaw will be hitting the track for qualifying in Jeddah today! 🏁Shaw has made a speedy recovery after an incident with Sargeant in FP2 and is geared up to take on the challenging circuit today. Let's show her some support as she returns to the track💪 #F1 #JeddahGP #DaisyShaw

☆ ☆ ☆

There was an energy like no other pulsating through the stands around the track. The streets of Jeddah were lit up so brightly that Daisy didn't know where to look without getting blinded by the artificial yet vibrant spectacle.

Qualifying kicked off with a bang. Daisy's team had come together once she had been confirmed to drive and they had strategised for Daisy to not go all out. To simply do the bare minimum while still ensuring that she made it into Q2 and then she could start getting more competitive as she progressed further into the session.

So she approached the session with caution, fully aware of the lingering pain from yesterday's crash and the fact that she wasn't in peak physical condition. The focus was on finding thr right balance between delivering the best performance for the team and preserving her physical state.

Each lap she ramped up her pace. Steadily building a momentum as she worked her way around the circuit. Lap after lap she noticed progress being made but the exertion continued to wear her down.

"Currently you're sitting in P8 Daisy, the teams happy for you to bring it back in."

"Copy that," Daisy did as she was instructed and headed back "Who's out?"

Anja paused before getting back to her "Both Williams, both Alpha Tauris, Bottas and Norris."

The extremely competitive part of her was glad to hear that Sargeant was already out. As toxic a mindset it may be, she knew that if their roles were reversed there'd immediately be reports and stories questioning her competency. The media had not been kind to her last year and the odds had been stacked against her - a female rookie in a new team who were just finding their footing on the grid. Daisy had essentially been a guinea pig for their development and also a major target of critics for this reason.

On the other hand though she did pity him. As a driver you are naturally grateful for your seat and the opportunity to drive in F1 in the first place but not all opportunities are equal. She couldn't imagine the high expectations and pressure to perform when driving a notoriously difficult Williams with very little experience. And she had to admit that not many drivers would accept culpability so quickly in a situation like that crash with their first priority being apologising for ruining the others lap time. It was admirable.

Moving into Q2 the intensity was ramped up. Daisy had to push even harder if she wanted to get a chance at fighting for a spot in the top 10. Embracing the mounting pressure she pushed the Porsche until it reached its limit. Every corner became a battle against the clock to improve her times and secure her place in Q3.It was a nail biting session, with the margins between success and failure razor thin. But Daisy rose to the challenge, putting in a stellar performance to clinch a spot in Q3.

"Looks like P9 Daisy but Hulkenberg is still out and 4 tenths off Gasly and 6 off you."

Daisy grimaced, the last thing she needed was to be knocked down by a Haas even if she was racing the day after a significant crash.

"Any good news?" she asked Anja tentatively.

"That's Hulk out," Anja answered seconds later "Good job Daisy, Q2 knockouts are Hulkenberg, Daniel, Zhou, Magnusson, Ocon and Verstappen."