If All Else Fails

Start from the beginning

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The teens drive through the forest in search of grandpa Max. "We go off-road here." Gwen tells Kevin. "You sure?" Kevin asks. "Yes." Aria replies for her. Kevin pushes a button that upgrades his car and turns off the road. The car stops when they find the Rust Bucket along with a giant crystal with people inside it. The gang gets out of the car and walks up to the crystal. "What is it?" Ben asks his cousin. "I don't know, but that's Grandpa Max inside." Gwen replies. "Not for long." Ben says and transforms. "Spidermonkey!" He shouts and walks closer to the crystal. "I think I can cut this thing open." Spidermonkey says. "Come no closer to the ... inferior filth." A Highbreed says, running over with a gun. "A Highbreed?" Gwen asks. "I thought we were done with them." Aria sighs. "Lighten up, will ya? The war's over." Kevin tells him. "Perhaps, but our defeat will bring you nothing, but sorrow, vermin." The Highbreed says. "I'm getting my grandpa out of there. I'd step aside if I were you." Spidermonkey warns him and lunges at him, only to get shot away.

Aria walks over to where he fell. "You good?" She asks, and Spidermonkey gives her four thumbs up. "Good." Aria nods. "Nobody smacks him around but me!" Kevin tells the Highbreed. His hand turns into a mace, and he runs at the Highbreed, dodging the laser shot at him. The Highbreed blocks Kevin's mace with his gun, and electricity sparks off it. Kevin tries hitting him again, but the Highbreed blocks it and knocks Kevin into a tree. "Okay then." Aria shakes her head and throws a crystal at the gun, knocking it out of the Highbreed's hand. Gwen wraps mana around the Highbreed, but he grabs the beam and throws her into Aria. "Let's try hitting him all at once not one at a time." Spidermonkey suggests appearing out of the hole he was thrown into, and Kevin rushes over to help the girls. The group runs to the Highbreed and prepares their attacks, and the Highbreed looks around at them. The ground shakes, throwing them off, and the crystal goes underground, and out comes a giant Highbreed tree monster.

 Rocks fall onto the teens and Aria blocks it with a shield. Gwen and Spidermonkey climb a rock to look at the beast that was leaving. "What is that thing?" Spidermonkey asks. "The end of the human infestation. The end of our war." The Highbreed replies. "Don't you watch the news? The war is over." Kevin says and climbs into his car, which is stuck in the dirt, along with Aria. Gwen and Spidermonkey slide down and stand in front of the Highbreed. "We're friends now." The redhead tells him. "Uh, could we go back to the end of the human infestation part?" Spidermonkey asks. "You are doomed." The Highbreed replies. "Don't think so. You're gonna tell me how to stop that thing or I'm gonna have to hurt you!" Spidermonkey threatens and detransforms. "Oh, figures. Stupid Omnitrix." Ben looks down at his watch. "I don't have time to toy with the inferior. I'll go now to watch the destruction of your pitiful species." The Highbreed says and flies away. Kevin gets his car unstuck and drives over to the Tennysons. 

"What are you waiting for? Get in." Aria ushers them. "Forget the car. I've got a better idea." Ben says and transforms. "Way Big!" He shouts but turns into Humungousaur at full height. "Oh man, Humungousaur." He says, disappointed. "My favorite!" Aria climbs out of the car, flies up to Humungousaur, and lands on his shoulder. "I wonder if the Omnitrix is still under warranty." Humungousaur asks and follows the beast. The Highbreed looks back and sees Humungousaur with Aria on his shoulder, running at the beast and latching onto its leg. "It doesn't know I'm here." Humungousaur says. "I can get its attention." Aria replies and puts up a shield, but the beast walks through it, breaking it. "Well, at least I tried." Aria shrugs. Kevin puts his car on autopilot, opens the sunroof, and ejects out of the car to the beast. His hand forms blades, and he tries to slice the trees to get the beast's attention but falls off.

 "Huh? Usually, I'm harder on houseplants." He says, and the car stops in front of him. "The problem is Grandpa Max is in there, along with a bunch of other people, and we don't wanna hurt any of them." Gwen points out. "So far, not really a problem." Humungousaur replies and runs at the beast again. Humungousaur runs in front of the beast and stops it. "Good job, Ben. Hold it still, and I'll look for weak spots." Gwen tells her cousin and uses platforms to get close to the beast. It looks down at her and smacks her, taking Humungousaur and by extension, Aria with her. The girls scream as they're flung across the skyy76, and Humungousaur catches them before they hit the grounds. He places them on the ground and detransforms, and Kevin runs over. "We tried going easy, and we tried going hard, now what?" Kevin asks. "We don't know much about that thing to stop it. But maybe there's someone who does." Ben replies. "Slow it down, I'll be back as soon as I can." Ben tells them and runs away. He transforms into Jetray and flies off. "Be careful!" Aria shouts.