Chapter 7: The Chaos of Disappearance

Fire, flames, disaster, chaos — the town is engulfed in a torrent of mayhem. Citizens desperately fled for their lives as buildings crumbled, the tragic toll of the explosion evident in the lives lost.

Fear etched across Leroy's face as he witnessed the entire building ablaze. The haunting specter of history repeating itself gripped him.

Urgently, Leroy turned to me, issuing a swift command to join him in rescuing those trapped in the inferno.

As agreed, we swiftly offered aid to the distressed citizens, using our combined strength.

Regrettably, even with our best efforts, some remained beyond our reach.

In an instant, I spotted two elderly couples trapped in the crumbling, fiery structure.

Hastening towards them for rescue, a massive burning log above, threatening to crash down upon us.

Just as I was preparing to quickly move with the two elderly couples to safety, my leg became unexpectedly ensnared by a jagged piece of wood on the ground.

In that critical moment, realizing it was too late to escape from it, Desperately attempted to unleash the power of my armored arm, but it remained unresponsive.

Panic surged as I attempted to control it, yet still not a single effect.

As the wood was falling right in front of our eyes.

At the unexpected moment, a huge figure comes in a flash, blocks the burning log with his single macular right arm, and easily puts away the massive burning log onto the side.

Without warning, the building began to crumble, threatening to crash upon us.

Swiftly, he seized us, rushed toward the nearest wall, and shielded us with his body unharmed.

As we reached safety, we watched the building crumble before our eyes. Looking up, I saw our savior—a strong man with a white beard and slicked-back hair, adorned with glasses. He looked every bit the seasoned warrior.

His deep and gravelly voice broke the tension as he turned around, and said.

"Are you guys alright?"

"Y-yeah, we are... Thank you." I replied.

"Sigh... didn't expect to see this happening while I was gone."

The strong man let out a heavy sigh as he surveyed the chaos around us, said.

As I guided the old couple to safety, I glimpsed a figure emerging from the flames alongside other victims. It was Leroy.

Observing Leroy escorting the victims to safety, his gaze settled on the strong man, and he spoke calmly.

"Didn't expect to see you here, The Warrior of the Lightwoods, Warson."

"Looks like you needed a hand, Young King,"

Warson, the sturdy man, poised for action with a group of soldiers behind him.

"Heh, yes... like I need one right now,"

Leroy responded with a worried expression.

I glanced behind Leroy and saw a crowd of people he had just rescued moments ago, yet there were still more who needed help in the town.

Without wasting any second to rescue the civilians, Warson and his Lightwoods soldiers, along with medics, joined us for the rescue.

After successfully rescuing the civilians and bringing them to the makeshift camp set up by the medics, we did our best to maintain order amidst the chaos, although the fires continued to rage on in the surrounding buildings.