149

Reina thought that the messages had since disappeared ever since the departure from the original story, but apparently not.

And, that’s not all.

[ Alter ego of the great Bharan, will of Utta, breath of Shan, wind of Megaro, and tide of Ryama. You, Chantra, are the hope of mankind. ]

…It even spouted this extravagantly grand line.

“Driving me nuts, seriously.”

As she muttered unknowingly, Reina pressed a hand against her temple. Then, Ethan and the priests, who were right next to her, stared at her with narrowed eyes.

“Reina?”

‘Ah… Now’s not the time for this.’

Shaking her head, she quickly curved up the corners of her lips and returned to her façade of the ‘saintess of advent’.

“It’s nothing. By the way, the most effective method is by first extracting it with an alcoholic solvent then boiling it after.”

She should be focusing on the task at hand right this moment. So, she put off the announcement message for now so that her thoughts wouldn’t be in tangles.

“Yes, Saintess. As you said, when enca tea was being served before, the tea leaves were just floating on top of the water, so it wasn’t quite effective while we were serving it.”

It was just as Lyton said.

All the people in the eastern side of the village used enca tea leaves to get rid of the ‘fishy’ taste and smell of the water, and none of the people who made tea by boiling the water and tea leaves first got afflicted with the bubonic plague.

On the other hand, those who instead boiled the tea for about one or two days’ worth had comparatively lighter symptoms than the usual.

Likewise, amongst the patients who’d been admitted to the temple, all of those who were showing signs of improvement were those who drank boiled tea.

“When Your Eminence gave the order that all patients should evacuate their houses for a more thorough quarantine, they realized that it’s impossible for them to continue drinking the same tea as before. So, they brought a large amount of enca tea leaves with them, which they steeped in the already boiled water that the temple supplied.”

‘It’s extremely fortunate.’

If the thorough quarantine had never been implemented, a majority of the patients would have continued drinking ineffective tea. Then, they likely would not show any signs of improvement.

And it wasn’t just that.

What if Reina didn’t visit the temple personally? And what if that one patient hadn’t been drinking enca tea that very moment?

She would never have gotten a clue about what would cure this illness.

‘Looking at things this way, it’s not completely groundless to say that human civilization is a product of chance.’

As she was immersed in various other thoughts for a while, Reina soon focused on the medicine again.

She skimmed through many patient reports, specifying the effects of the various extraction methods that she had suggested.

Experimentation started in earnest to find what mixture and method of extraction would bring out the medicine’s most capable effects. A different steeping time, various amounts of the ingredients, varying methods in extracting such as boiling the tea leaves with an alcoholic solvent, leaving it at room temperature, then boiling it once more for the second time.