22

Rio Capello
"Oh my god, is that its brain on top of its head?" Alessia kneels down until she's face to face with the fish minding her own business, she scares the thing away by placing her finger over the tub.

Alessia's face falls when it swims away, "No." I raise a dry eyebrow as she stands back up, her eyebrows furrow "So what? It's like a cap?" She scrutinizes the fish again but from afar.

"It's called red cap Oranda." I state the fact that I've searched up years ago after entering a fish shop, "It looks really cute, I think Alessandra will like it." She nods at me for confirmation.

"I got her a gold fish too." I add, rubbing my jaw as I stare at the fish tank, my eyes roaming around the different colors and species.

Today is Alessandra's birthday.
I never knew that fact except when Alessia and her now bodyguard decided that it was a great decision to wake me up thinking that we were being robbed.

So, here I am, buying her fishes for her birthday, I know she will like them especially since she was mesmerized by the ones in my office.

The gene seems to have jumped in all the family cause when I look back at Alessia I find her eyes still on the red cap fish, smiling as she traces her finger over the tank.

And still get surprised when the thing gets scared.

I bypass her and go by the counter, "Add another red cap Oranda." I say before retrieving my wallet and placing the cash. I turn to Alessia and suppress a roll of my eyes.

I wait for him to pack the things and walk away, strolling out of the store before leaning against the car, Alessia steps outside, her blonde hair rolling in the wind before a couple of strands get in her eyes.

She pulls them away, I turn to Damon, his eyes following her, which is a part of his fucking job that I can't fire him for unfortunately, she walks up to both of us.

Her smile widening when she realizes that there are three separate boxes, "So is this for me?" She inspects the box. "Yes, don't kill the thing." I warn, she lights up, bouncing on her tiptoes excitedly.

"I won't." She smiles, staring down at it as she places the box in her hold before getting in the car, Damon turns one more time to her and I suppress the urge to punch him.

I know nothing about him except that he's a great bodyguard and will not put any harm on her, however, he's a fucking guy, so what goes on in his mind is out of control.

And I've developed this sibling-like protectiveness over her, and I know that because unfortunately I feel the same way with Levine.

"Drive." I order before sitting in the passenger seat beside my driver, which unfortunately means that her bodyguard will sit beside her.

I watch them in the rear view, and the sight is just Alessia playing with the fish in the tank as if it's a cat, and Damon looks at her with either weirdness or curiosity, I hope it's not the latter, cause the consequences to it are a lot.

*:・❀*:・

I freeze over in my fucking place and so does she, tightening the towel around her body which doesn't take my attention off her in the slightest, "I thought you had—work." She gulps.

Staring at me, lips slightly parted but so are mine, "I did." I stutter somehow, something I never do, she flushes, her cheeks reddening, I don't know if it's the wet hair, water droplets over her skin, or even her mere expression that does it for me.

And it doesn't matter at this moment, because either way, the realization quickly clicks in my head, I'm drawn to her, I don't know for how fucking long I've been so.