Wolffe shrugged, too distracted by the mark on her cheek to focus on her words.

"You're doing it again." Karina stared up at him. "That thing."

"What thing?" Wolffe let her put her head in his lap, gently stroking her hair.

"Where you stop engaging in conversation. Are you okay?" Karina poked his nose.

Wolffe wrinkled his nose at her. "I'm fine."

Suddenly, his comm beeped. He sighed and pulled it out.

"What is it?" Karina asked, siting up.

"I have to go deal with something. A fight broke out in the hanger between my troopers and a nat-born." Wolffe frowned.

"Oh, I'll stay here until my exam with Stunner. I like it here." Karina threw a chunk of snow at him.

Wolffe kicked a pile of snow into her before leaving, stroking down the hallways. His idiot brothers better have a kriffing good reason why they got into a fight with someone.

"Wolffe!" Boost greeted once he entered the hanger. "Fancy running into you here!"

"Don't even bother!" Wolffe furiously said. "I want all of you in my office immediately!"

Sinker, Boost, Scruffs, and Warthog all hung their heads before being marched to his office. He sat himself at his desk and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Explanation," Wolffe demanded simply.

"We heard about how Deto slapped Karina," Boost began. "Then when we saw him in the hanger..."

"You attacked him?" Wolffe guessed.

"No." Scruffs shook his head. "We just wanted to kinda yell at him."

"So we went over to him to scold him," Warthog said. "And to our surprise, he was using his datapad, looking at Karina's bounty."

Wolffe sighed. "I really have to fire him."

Sinker perked up. "He's getting fired?"

"Just get out of here," Wolffe ordered, rubbing at his forehead.

"Yes, sir!" Sinker saluted, grinning as Wolffe glared at him.

"I'm clear to return to work!" Karina announced as she ran into Wolffe's office.

Wolffe smiled softly. "Good for you."

Karina sniffled, sinking into the chair across from him.

"What's wrong?" Wolffe instantly asked.

Karina's brow pinched. "What?"

"You sniffled."

"Did I?" Karina's lips tipped down in confusion. "I'm not crying."

Wolffe eyed her suspiciously as she enthusiastically told him about how ready she was for work. She rambled on whilst he watched her shoulders slowly slump and her eyes droop.

"Are you feeling okay?" Wolffe eventually asked.

"Of course! I don't get sick!" Karina bragged.

Wolffe picked up his datapad. "If you say so."

Karina turned away, coughing into her elbow. He raised his eyebrows, opening his mouth to question her.

"I'm not sick!" Karina insisted, shifting in the chair.

Wolffe curled a finger and beckoned her closer. "I'll be the judge of that."

"I'm not sick," Karina stubbornly said, letting out a huff.