Done For

The air crackled with tension as Odysseus faced Circe, the goddess whose powers had took both his comrades and Cassia. His heart pounded with determination, his mind focused on the task ahead despite the overwhelming aura of magic that surrounded them.

"Lady of the palace," he began, his voice steady yet tinged with urgency, "I hope that I've been misinformed. My scouts wound up at your doors, and I must ask—did you do something to them?"

Circe's gaze was cool and calculating, her lips curling into a faint smile. "All I did was reveal their true forms," she replied with a hint of amusement.

His frustration mounting, Odysseus pressed on, his eyes flashing with righteous anger. "You turned them into pigs," he accused, his voice rising with indignation.

Circe shrugged nonchalantly, her demeanor betraying no hint of remorse. "I've got people to protect, and I'm not taking chances," she retorted, her tone tinged with defiance. "If you make one wrong move, then you're done for."

But Odysseus refused to be intimidated, his resolve bolstered by the knowledge of his own strength. "I don't mean to tip your scale, but you will fail at placing any spells on me," he declared boldly. "I just ate a flower—one that claims your power. So you better cower now and flee."

Circe's expression flickered with doubt for a fleeting moment, her confidence momentarily shaken by his bold proclamation. "Mortals can't acquire moly without dire consequence," she countered, her voice tinged with skepticism.

Unfazed by her skepticism, Odysseus stood his ground, his determination unwavering. "Then I must be a god like you," he asserted, his voice unwavering in its conviction. "Because I got this root from the ground with my bare hands."

"Hermes gave it to you didn't he?" She asked skeptical.

"Our fates are attached," he declared, his voice echoing with resolve.  "You've made your one wrong move, now you're done for," Odysseus warned, his gaze unwavering in its intensity.

But Circe, ever defiant, stood her ground, her resolve unyielding in the face of defeat. "My nymphs are like my daughters," she countered, her voice tinged with sadness. "I protect them at all costs. But everyone's true colors are revealed in acts of lust. How about you spend the night we can talk tomorrow"