Season 2 : Athanasia

Start from the beginning

A sickly sweet smile spread on Athanasia's face, though his eyes glinted with ageless malice. "Dear descendant, how observant you've become. I take the vessels available to survive "

Athanasia normally tender voice twisted into a bone-chilling rasp. "But I ask again - how long have you known my true nature? Was it that little magician of your ?"

Cayena's disgust only grew at him speaking while being in athanasia body.

"I saw through your lies from the start. And now your pitiful revenge is at an end." She smirked, lowering her voice to a deadly virus.

"The question is - what will you do now that I know your wretched secret? You've overstayed your welcome in my family."

The chamber grew dark as Aeternitas' black aura swelled, twisting Athanasia's innocent mien into a hideous mockery. Spears of shadow coalesced in his grip, leveling their barbed tips at Cayena.

"You dare question my power , little one ," aeternitas rumbled through clenched teeth. 
" The magician of yours won't be able to save u "

But Cayena stood unwavering, limned in her azure magic. A blade appeared in her grasp, shimmering like frozen starlight.

"Who says i need saving? " she replied coldly. 

Aeternitas bellowed with rage and unleashed his spears. But Cayena moved with fluid grace, bisecting each shaft. She closed the distance in an eye blink, leveling her sword at Athanasia's throat.

"Leave that body at once, or I'll send you back to the abyss myself!"

For a moment, fear sparked in those jewel blue eyes of aeternitas. But then Athanasia threw back his head and laughed, the sound twisting into a cacophony of voices from beyond the veil.

"You will have to destroy this flesh to stop me, Princess. And can you damn your own sister's soul? I think not..."

But her ruthless gaze said otherwise. "Try me" she dared in a deadly glare. 

Her eyes gleamed with a cold purpose that made his stolen blood run cold. This was no rash child - hers was the merciless stare of a tyrant.

As Cayena drew back her arm to strike, Aeternitas ripped himself from Athanasia's collapsing body, abandoning his vessel to go back to anastacius. Cayena smiles stopping before the blade could touch athanasia neck.

"Lucas, now!" Cayena commanded.

" Huh " Aeternitas realized his mistake.

But it was too late. With a swell of magic, ethereal chains erupted from the shadows, binding him in place.

A flash, and lucas appeared, ensnaring Aeternitas in soul-chain bindings.

"Your games end here, Aeternitas," Cayena proclaimed. Through the haze of panic, Aeternitas saw only a monster in her place, one who would burn the world to sate her madness.

"You think of yourself as a ruler, but you are a demon!" he spat. But Cayena merely tilted her head, unmoved by his judgment.

Cayena knelt by Athanasia, checking for life signs. Finding a weak pulse, she scooped her up gently.

" I will whatever it takes to protect what's mine" she declared coldly. Rising with Athanasia in her arms, her visage was deathly calm yet promised vengeance.

"Lucas, make sure to lock him up . I must see athanasia's recovery. After that I will personally give him a visit "

" Yes, crown princess " Lucas nods his head slightly smiling at cayena, seeing her grow from a princess to a empress.

She lays athanasia back in her bed, stroking Athanasia's hair. She wonders how long until it ends.

" It's my duty to bear the responsibility.. " she mumbles softly clunching on her fist. She wonders if she grew up to fast for her age. She smiles looking out the window, after its all over. She hopes to have one normal day like back then with her father.

( There is a Easter egg in here !! Guess the character who decided to visit us !! 3 more chapters and it's official over. Thank u for going through this journey together with me... we officially reached 200k which is crazy ... I never expected my fanfic to reach those numbers !! )

 I never expected my fanfic to reach those numbers !! )