Chapter 1: Tragedy

In the heart of the hospital, a room filled with tranquility, washed in pristine white from floor to ceiling, stark contrast to the bustling corridors outside.

Beep – Beep – Beep ~

The space was filled with the gentle sound of machines, occasionally interrupted by beeping monitors. Despite the pristine facade of the hospital room, there was an undeniable sense of desolation that hung heavy in the air.

Ryougi Shiki sat on the bed, listlessly. She was wrapped in white sheets, with bandages covering her eyes.

'It was not supposed to be like this.'

'The world was not supposed to be like this.'

'Things were not supposed to be like this.'

'Because of that man.'

'All of this is his fault.'

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ryougi Shiki was born into a normal loving family with normal friends and a normal everyday life. Her father, Kawahira Ryougi, is a highly accomplished chef, while her mother Akemi Ryougi was just an ordinary housewive who inherited her family's dojo and was a skilled swordswoman.

Shiki is a bright child, though she often prefers to daydream. Although quiet by nature, she has enough friends to avoid being considered an outcast. He often reads books in her free time, or practices sword arts with her mother.

Shiki is akin to any other ordinary child you might encounter in the world. The only thing that was exceptional about her was her physique. While most infants took their tentative first steps between the ages of 10 and 18 months, Shiki was different. At the tender age of six months, Shiki had already had strength in her legs, hips, and core muscles to stand on her own.

Even though the family knew that Shiki was physically gifted, it was starting to seem abnormal, almost superhuman. The parents especially realized how abnormal Shiki's body was, after seeing it firsthand.

(Flashback)

It was a hot summer day, cicadas buzzed constantly. The trees swayed, creating shadows on the ground under the clear blue sky, stretching endlessly above.

Shiki and her parents walked through the park on a sunny afternoon. Shiki looked around with excitement, holding her parents' hands tightly. Suddenly, Shiki spotted a colorful ball in the street. Excitedly, she let go of her parents' hands and ran towards it with a happy squeal.

But as she reached for the ball, her parents' hearts stopped as They saw a truck rushing down the street, heading straight for their daughter at a frightening speed.

In a nightmare-like scene, they saw Shiki thrown through the air like a ragdoll, crashing into the concrete wall.

Time seemed to slow down as they watched their daughter crash into the massive truck. For a tense moment, everything came to a halt as they felt a heavy weight of terror fall upon them.

When Shiki finally moved, her parents hurried to her side, relieved to find her battered but mostly unharmed. Tears of gratitude filled their eyes as they realized their daughter had come out of it with only minor injuries.

As they held her tightly, surrounding her with concern, they began to realize the strangeness of their daughter's body. How had their daughter come out of such a terrible accident with only injuries? What had saved her from the worst? Even if she did have a blessed body, this peculiarity was almost borderline superhuman.