Capítulo 6: Leyenda

Start from the beginning

Without realizing it, I fell asleep imagining different scenarios where things could have been different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning things weren't much better, I woke up much earlier than usual with a headache that tormented me, there's something about crying too much before falling asleep that sometimes makes this happen, I don't remember when was the last time it happened to me, maybe when I was a child.

With that little reflection I got out of bed and tried to shake off the tiredness a little with a growth spurt before going to the bathroom of the orphanage, it seems that this place is quite well equipped I have to say, the communal bathroom is quite large and the showers are closed so it is not very difficult to have some privacy as long as one enters at the right times.

After cooling off I walked a bit through the corridors to get to the dining room, I didn't take much importance yesterday because of the excitement of seeing a few Pokemon, but this place is quite impressive, it is one of the few big buildings that you can see in the city, although they don't have the budget to offer anything more than a few changes of clothes and a few private furniture to the orphans, The facilities greatly improve life in this place, after all in any other orphanage in my old world I would have had to share my room with three or four other orphans which as an adult accustomed to having their space would have made my stay in this place too uncomfortable.

Shortly after walking through the corridors I arrived at the orphanage's dining room, a fairly large area that reminds me of a school cafeteria where you can see several tables and in the background behind a glass bar you can see a kitchen with a couple of girls in their 20s hurrying to fill the bar with breakfast ready for the local children.

With a slow walk I approached the bar and took a tray that had a good amount of Pancakes with some honey and a glass with orange juice, to which the kitchen managers only responded by looking at me strangely as if they expected me to do something, but then they calmed down when they saw me walking away to take a table and eat with some reluctance.

While I was having breakfast with a somewhat lost look I heard how the other children began to enter, in the Saint Christopher orphanage there were approximately 40 children ranging from 4 years old to 10 years old since most of them started their journey at that age, from there there were only a few exceptions being children of approximately 12 years old who decided to postpone their trip or wait a little longer before they left. Luckily for him, the orphanage was quite understanding and there were never any records of anyone being kicked out on their own.

When everyone was inside the dining room I could see Mother Clarisse coming in, looking around looking for something until her eyes were fixed on me and her expression lit up as she approached and took a seat at my table

- Eating alone again Max? Even if it won't be long before you leave the nest you should try to make some friends.- she said as he put his hands on his chin and leaned on the table with a smile as she watched me eat, to which I replied with a tired smile and refuted: - I think it's better to spend my time on other things, Besides, I don't need many friends as long as I have you, do I? - Mother Clarisse squealed with joy and hugged me tightly happy at my words

-Oh Max! You do know how to gladden a Mother's heart. - he said while smiling with a playful tone that only stopped after seeing the dark circles under my face. - Did something happen? You look very tired, tell me, did you have trouble sleeping? - she said quickly as she grabbed my face and analyzed it carefully.

Not wanting to remember what happened, I replied somewhat absentmindedly: It's okay, it's just that yesterday I got distracted studying about Pokemon and I slept late. - I lied with some guilt and then looked around and asked: How is it that such a small city has such a large orphanage?, I also wondered how is it that this place is so well equipped to be a public institution? - I asked curiously, hoping that Mother Clarisse would not notice my attempt to suddenly change the subject.