Chapter 27- She's Home/Godfather

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat" I asked as I wrapped my arm around her "I'll send uncle Tillie to get whatever you want" I kissed her forehead "can I have a ham sandwich" she asked looking up to me "of course you can baby" I kissed her forehead squeezing her a little tight.

"How about you have a shower and get ready for bed" I smiled she smiled up at me agreeing and walked into her en suite.

I stood up and walked out of her room and walked to the cupboard on the landing and grabbed 2 towels before I walked back into her room and gave her the towels and I saw her get into the shower.

I don't know how long she's gonna be in the shower but knowing my daughter, she's probably gonna be a while; I walked back downstairs seeing Till upon my couch, engaged in his phone.

"Hey" I greeted as I walked back into the kitchen to make some food "hey, is she alright" Till asked as he put his phone away "she's fine, she's having a shower and going straight to bed" I explained as I began to make food.

"I have an idea regarding Luna" Till smiled walking towards me "oh god, what idea" I hesitated slightly "I'm planning on moving out of the country for while to work on my new album 'Skills In Pills' and I just think she'll be a hell of a lot more safer with me than in a children's home and she's out of the country so you won't run the risk of Luna being kidnapped again" Till explained smiling at me.

"Are you serious right now" I asked a little shocked "of course I'm being serious; think about it...she will not settle in a children's home, she won't feel safe and you know Luna will just keep running back to you which will only worsen your case for custody for her when it does go to court" Till continued to explain his reasoning.

"Don't forget I am Luna's legal godfather and I signed those papers 16 years ago" Till stated which got my brain thinking.

"Despite the divorce; it never affected that paperwork; I am still Luna's legal godfather and certain situations where Luna cannot be in the care of either parent" Till halted for a second "she is signed over to me until she can be properly cared for by either parent again" Till looked at me serious.

"Fuck" I whispered to myself "take this sandwich to Luna but don't tell her about your plan yet" I ordered passing him the plate before I sprinted upstairs to dig through all of my old paperwork.

If what Till has stated is true then it means that Luna will not need to go into a children's home which is where I do not want her and it means she can continue to feel safe and be around someone she trusts whilst court proceedings can take place.

I remember Till signing the paperwork to be Luna's legal godfather however it never occurred to me that Luna will be in the best place possible whilst she can't be with me.

I started to dig through my paperwork drawer, pulling out various pieces of paper from tour and record label contracts, my mortgage, various other paperwork before I finally came across the folder I needed which was labeled Luna.

I pulled it out and dug through it before finally finding the consent form that both me and my ex-wife signed and Till's signature.

I started reading through it and Till was correct; if a situation occurred where Luna cannot be in the care of either parent, she is signed over legally to Till's care before she can be cared for by either parent again.

"Till you're a fucking genius" I smiled to myself and walked out of my bedroom heading to Luna's where I saw her tucked up in bed with Till sat next to her.

"You haven't told her have you" I asked walking over to the bed "no, not a word" Till smiled at me "told me what" Luna asked as she started to eat her sandwich.

"Ok, Till and I have been discussing and I think we have all agreed we don't want to place you in a children's home so" I stopped in my tracks "what are you saying Dad" she asked curious "Till had the idea that you move out of the country with him for a while until I obtain full custody of you" I smiled at Luna.

"What are you serious" she asked shock coursing through her "yeah I had that same reaction; I have agreed that you can go with Till and I know he is someone you trust" I smiled.

"How will the court agree to this because although I consider Till family...the court knows he isn't" Luna questioned "16 years ago; I asked Till to be your legal godfather and he signed the paperwork" I smiled.

"And it was stated on the paperwork that if a situation was to occur where you cannot be in the care of either parent then you are legally signed over to Till" I explained as I saw Luna trying to wrap her head around the news that I have just bestowed.

"Wait so you mean to say that after all this time; Till has been my legal family" she asked turning her head between me and Till "correct but this is brilliant because it means whilst I wait to obtain full custody; you can be with your uncle Till legally and for my peace of mind, I know you will be safe and be with someone that you love and trust" I explained smiling.

"And you're certain the court will agree to this because I don't want to get my hopes up" she signed a little "this piece of paper right here in my hand is the proof I need to provide for this to happen" I said.

"This is the plan; we go down to the court tomorrow and explain what the situation is and it means you will be able travel free out of the country until I obtain custody" I explained.

"Luna do you want to come out of the country with me" Till asked serious "I really do...I just don't want to get my hopes up in case the court says no tomorrow" I sighed "babygirl they have to agree, its right here on this piece of paper, written in black and white" I stated.

"Ok; are you definitely sure you want me to travel out of the country with you Till" Luna asked looking at Till "of course; I get to spend all the time in the world with my favourite person" Till smiled and hugged Luna tight.

"Ok then it's settled, so where are we going" Luna asked curious "it's a surprise baby" Till smiled.

"Since we are in an agreement; I'm gonna sort out paperwork for tomorrow and you need to get some rest" I got up from the bed "can Till stay for a bit...until I fall asleep" Luna asked "as long as Till is ok with it" I looked at Till "of course I'll stay" Till agreed smiling.

"Well if you need anything baby you know where I am" I kissed Luna's head before walking out of her room heading towards mine.

I'm ecstatic that we have worked out a plan for Luna because truthfully I don't know how long it will take for me to obtain full custody but I'm looking at a good few months without Luna within my care.

So knowing that Luna will be in the care with someone she loves and trusts put my mind at ease.

A/N I've been a little stuck with writing for this week; I'm only 6 days post-op from my top surgery so I've been in recovery; I'm continuing to write my chapters soon, I'm just doing it when I feel up to it.