Chapter 127: Encouragement

Comenzar desde el principio

<<Uh... <Volo> to Wind...>>

I quickly shake my head once I hear Arthur's voice. <<Sorry about that. But thanks for the warning. You really helped me dodge a bullet back there.>>

<<Dodge a bullet? Okay, who are you and what happened to the real Wind?>>

<<Real funny, Arthur. But I have a good reason to panic after your warning. Is Razul there with you?>>

<<Yeah. He just logged in at the same time as me. Why?>>

<<Can you guys meet me outside of the <Tested Wilds>? That's where Kazu is right now and I'm planning to meet him after my [Familiar] training.>>

<<Uh... Okay? We'll do that after getting our [Familiars]. We'll PM you once we're there.>>

Good. Which means extra time to figure out how the hell am I going to hide Soma from the public eye.

<<Good. I'll chat with you guys soon.>>

I sigh once I drop the call. Damn... It's one problem after another...

[Windy? Why are you staring at nothing?]

Oh right... I almost forgot he's still here. I'm glad he remained silent during the call or there'd be no way I could explain to Arthur that I got a rare [Familiar] from a gacha soulstone.

"Sorry about that. I just realized about you coming with me to a town called <Initio>."

[A-A town?]

Huh... I guess most newly-born [Familiars] are more akin to babies than children than I thought.

"Well, a town is a small settlement with a lot of people living in houses and inns..."

Suddenly, Soma quickly clings onto my leg and sinks into my shadow in tears.

[FAMILIAR CHECK]

[Soma shrieked into your shadow in fear.]

You don't need to tell me the obvious, notifications!

But it kinda makes sense. Soma isn't much of a social monster, not much different from Kazuki in the past. I guess combined with his status as a rare [Familiar], it would be easier for me to hide him. And his sudden reaction has given me an idea.

"Hey, hey! Calm down, Soma. I'm trying to say that I want to hide you from the public. I'm not going to force you to meet everyone there. In fact, I'm planning the opposite."

Looks like it's enough for him to come out from my shadow. [O-Opposite?]

I nod as I recall that I have to avoid certain words to not confuse any NPC since it might apply the same with [Familiars]. "You may not know about this, but in <Initio>, many people might see your species as rare and I don't want either of us to get unwanted attention because of it. I want to make sure we have to avoid it so we can retain our privacy and keep this a secret from everyone but our friends. Besides, you seemed to be afraid the moment I said "a lot of people"."

[...I don't like to be with many people around me.]

Yep... From how he tried to slink back into my shadow, I can see he's a mix of my past self and Kazuki, all right.

"Again, I won't force you out of my shadow and you don't have to do the same for my sake. Meeting people takes courage and it will take a while for you to gain it for yourself. Don't rush yourself and take one step at a time. I know you will make friends in no time."