Katsu curry

For a satisfying Japanese dinner, you can prepare a delicious and comforting meal like Chicken Katsu Curry. Here's a recipe to guide you:

Chicken Katsu Curry:

Ingredients:

For the Chicken Katsu:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying

For the Curry Sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Prepare the Chicken Katsu:
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to create thinner pieces.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, and coat with panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.

2. Make the Curry Sauce:
- In a separate pot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and potatoes, and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour and curry powder over the vegetables, stirring to coat.
- Gradually pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add soy sauce, honey or sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened, about 15-20 minutes.

3. Serve:
- Slice the chicken katsu into strips.
- Spoon the curry sauce over cooked rice on individual plates.
- Place the chicken katsu on top of the curry sauce.
- Optionally, garnish with sliced green onions or pickled ginger.

Enjoy your homemade Chicken Katsu Curry for a flavorful Japanese dinner experience!