Prologue

She met him first but owned his heart last. If only she had claimed him earlier, he wouldn't have to suffer so much.

But alas she was unlucky, especially when it comes to love.

A fortune teller told her that all her love and luck went to her wealth. As it is a rumored fact that her family would still be wealthy even if their whole generation failed to think of saving money, that was something foreign to them.

The Aurums have a habit of spending money as if it were just pieces of paper that can be seen on the street. However, the head of the family only had a count title in the noble hierarchy, which means no matter how rich they were and even more than the royal family, they couldn't go against them.

Because they lacked power.

Wealth without power is like a bird with flightless feathers. No matter how many times it tries to flap its wings out to reach the top, it's still futile.

That's what Aristella Ophelia Aurum; "the best help" lacks. She has it all, besides power.

That's why she needed him.

"Why can't we for once?... say what we want, say what we need. Oh, why can't you for once disregard the world and run to what you know is real,

Take a chance with me."

The only love that lasts is unrequited.

It is when you can't stop looking at him, even if he'll never look back.

"I only ever wish for you to love me back, the way I always did for you.

Is it so selfish?"

"I missed you.....do you miss me like I did?"

Aristella Ophelia Aurum, the eldest daughter of a famous wealthy noble family throughout the Empire. She has it all. Despite this, she still hasn't married anyone after all those years. Many people speculated that she was still heartbroken and grieving for her first love.

But that wasn't the case.

She could've won him over but she chose not to because her rival in love was none other than her best friend. Instead of causing a scene, she left and gave them her blessing.

🐰: here's the prologue before I figuratively die again.