✰Chapter 3✰

Unexpected and Unpleasant Surprises

-Tristan POV-

I opened my eyes after I felt the bus coming to a stop, noticing that we had arrived at the base.

Ugh... And they're still being loud... I kept my head looking forward but I turned my eyes to Samir, who was asleep against the window and his friend Axel was just asleep with his arms crossed over his chest, legs over the front seat and his helmet covering his eyes.

Majority of the people here were asleep as well, but some of them were just fooling around. Eventually I stood up and held out a whistle, blowing it as loud as I could which caused all of them to flinch.

Tristan: "Alright kids! Get up, wake up and quit fooling around!"

-Samir POV-

I jolted awake a little and I rubbed my eyes, looking out the window for a moment and noticed we were finally here. What the fuck... This base is absolutely grand...! It's bigger than they described...!

Oh dear Jesús am I dreaming?? There's absolutely no way that they transferred me to this base!

Tristan: "We will exit the bus calmly and without pushing each other off the damn steps! I'm not trying to get sued for someone else's injury... Now go, come on, get it moving, we don't have all day!"

The general was the first one to get off the bus and with a clipboard which I assumed was to count who was on the bus. Axel and I grabbed our hand bags and started to exit the bus, since we were at the very front. I didn't know who but I randomly decided to stare at him... Just staring at his mask which covered his entire face... I keep wondering why he hides his face so much...

Seems he made eye contact either me as well since he just gave me a soft nod and I quickly looked away, clearing my throat and just stood in front of the gate of the base with Axel beside me.

I kept my gaze forward but then my jaw dropped whenever I saw none other than Enzo exiting the bus. I never heard them calling his name! How did I not notice him in the bus?! I grabbed Axel's sleeve:

Samir: "Bitch! Enzo is here! I didn't realize he got into base 1 too!"

Axel: "Oh you didn't see him?? He was one of the first ones they called into the bus."

Samir: "No I didn't fucking hear him. I was..."

Oh... I remember now... I was too busy staring at the general that I dozed off and never realized whenever Enzo got called. Fuck...

Axel: "You were too busy staring at the general that you didn't notice when they called Enzo??"

Samir: "Oh shut up... I just... Dozed off..."

I was only staring because I was questioning about his mask..

Axel: "Yeah alright... Well don't doze off this time. The general may yell at you."

I just elbowed him on his side while we both chuckled quietly, completely ignoring the fact that Enzo was here. The soldiers quickly left the bus and got in front of the gate of the base.