Dino

Dino didn't expect to be visiting Seventeen Street with Joshua. He didn't even think that Joshua would be making an appearance near fans. His Hyung would never say anything but he could tell that he was nervous after that incident. The one where protest trucks drove around Seoul and at the Hybe building demanding that Joshua be moved from the group.

Seventeen was a rather drama-free group. Typically the rumour mill stayed clear of them because honestly there's nothing to say. Each member was committed to the idol life, and spent all their time recording, practicing or performing. Most people within the industry had nothing but good words when they spoke about Seventeen, a testament to their good character. The last time there was a scandal this big was back when Mingyu was accused of bullying. Sure there were small dating rumours here and there but it was nothing like this. It was as if the rumour had a life of its own and grew to an impossible size.

Dino saw how even Weverse got spammed with posts demanding that Joshua come out and speak on the matter. Shortly after the rumours hit the trending searches on social media, the manager sent out a message on their work group chat. The message read:

"The company decided the best course of action is to leave it to be. It's just a regular rumour mill and baseless speculation from netizens. There's nothing to clarify as the other part didn't make an official claim."

Less than 5 minutes later came Joshua's reply.

"Alright, thank you for the update."

It was uncanny how fast the reply came from Joshua. Dino can't help but feel like there was something out of the ordinary about this whole situation.

Back to the present, Dino sneaked his hyung a peek from the corner of his eyes. He was laughing and being playful as always as if nothing had happened. He watched as Joshua became fascinated with the astronaut hat, joked around with Vernon and took mirror selfies with DK. Dino didn't know if he was just imagining it but he thought that Joshua had been sneaking peeks at the behind-the-scenes camera. The signature nyrong smile felt like a hyper-realistic mask but Dino could feel the cracks behind it. But he trusted that his hyung would let them know if he really needed help and so he chose to say nothing.