Chapter 2 [JACE]

My grade five crush has always been so cool and charming, and everyone in school loves him. He is the popular kid who plays football and is always getting all the attention. But I always thought he was a jerk. I don't deny that I found him attractive, but I thought he was too cocky and full of himself. So I never really paid much attention to him. Now, it seems like I can't stop thinking about what he said before exiting the lab. We keep on arguing all the time, in class and after class. I'm always trying to prove him wrong, and he always tries to act like he knows better than everyone else.
Jordan is the perfect definition of an all-rounder. He is the typical high school jock who everyone seems to want. He is tall, athletic, with dark hair and dreamy eyes. He is the star of the football team, and the captain. He is also a part of the popular cliques, and he is always surrounded by girls.
Jordan's sharp facial features are like a work of art, carved from granite or cut from steel. His chiseled jawline, straight nose, and well-defined cheekbones give him an almost regal look. He has intense, almost unreadable eyes. His athletic build is accentuated by his figure-hugging clothes, which highlights his muscular physique and long legs. His attire seems like it was custom-made to fit him perfectly, never loose or baggy always elegant unlike those other guys who think wearing baggy clothes make them look super stars. He is always clean-cut and well-groomed and has a stylish haircut that always looks put together and never messy. Jordan's dark eyes seem like pools of liquid midnight, deep and intense. They seem to hold an endless ocean of mystery and secrets, never revealing too much. The deep hue of his eyes is almost hypnotic, drawing people in towards their darkness.
He has always been the star athlete in school. He is a natural athlete, with incredible stamina, strength, and speed. His skills are legendary, and his team always wins. He is always the one making big plays, with incredible accuracy and skill. He seems to be able to find openings that no one else can, and he is always at the right place at the right time. Even though he is as we say eleven on ten I somehow loathe him.
I was young and was just one of a girl among the sea of other girls who had fallen for that charming smile, those sparkling eyes, and that tall, muscular physique. But that all changed when I had the displeasure of working with him in the chemistry lab, and saw his self-indulgent personality up close. It was like a bucket of icy water to my fiery youthful infatuation. Everything became clear.
Our chemistry in the lab was non-existent, just like his interest in others' opinions.
The whole school is gathered at the football field, cheering and watching the match with bated breath. Everyone is watching Jordan and his swift moves, expecting a goal at any moment. He darts around the field, dodging defenders like they were just cardboard cut-outs. He seems to float across the field, slipping past tackles with ease and speed. With each move, the crowd cheers louder and louder, excited by the spectacle he is putting on.
When Jordan plays football, his playing style seems like a dancer taking their place on the stage. He moves with grace and elegance, seeming to glide across the field instead of running. His moves are precise and smooth, always in control. He seems to read the moves of other players, knowing how they play and when they will move before they do. When he is in possession of the ball, he moves like a magician with a golden ball, playing a game of illusions and misdirection. He dodges tackles and seems to escape every opponent, always coming out ahead.
   I can feel the tension mounting as the football match is going on...Everyone is talking about Jordan, but I can't stop watching him as he dodges tackles and moves around the field with such ease and grace. I can see every move he makes, and I know that he is going to score soon. This is the moment everyone has been waiting for. His ball-control is incredible, I can only see his feet moving, and they move so fast and so gracefully that it seems like he is floating over the field, barely touching the grass.
   My eyes are glued to Jordan, watching his every move just like my best friend Sam and everyone else. Our eyes lock for a moment, and they linger for a second too long, and our mutual stares get intense and deep. Then Jordan suddenly looks away, focusing back on the game. "Wait, what just happened?" Sam teased me.
   The quick eye contact felt sudden and unexpected. My heart jumped in my chest, and I was taken by surprise for a moment. I felt the intensity of his gaze on me, and our mutual stares were long and penetrating. It felt as if we were the only two people in the world for that moment, locked in an intense gaze. When Jordan suddenly looked away, I suddenly felt a rush of adrenaline run through my veins. I felt something between us, something unexpected, and something that made me want to watch him even more. "I don't know Sam, ever heard of coincidence?"
   I hate the feeling of that momentary connection. I hate the way it made my heart rush and my breath catch. I hate the intensity of the gaze, the way it made my body tingle. And most of all, I hate the way it made me want to keep watching him.
Damn it, I don't like him!
   The match is over, and Jordan's team has won. I assume everyone in Boston could be hearing "BULLDOGS" "JORDAN" "BULLDOGS" "JORDAN". Everyone were screaming in existential as if their team won Nationals. He is carrying the match ball as he runs around the field in celebration, taking his jersey off and showing off his muscular body. The crowd is cheering and shouting, and girls, especially his so-called girlfriend Tanya, are rushing to him to congratulate him on the win. The field filled with the happy cries of the fans and the players. I can see girls fawning over Jordan, swarming him with admiration and compliments. He gives Tanya a quick kiss on her lip, but his eyes keep wandering all over the field, searching for someone...
   My body suddenly felt hot and I felt myself shiver as I saw him kiss his girlfriend after the match. I couldn't help but feel jealous of her. I hated that my body was responding that way even though I hate him. I hated the fact that he was showing his affection towards someone. Why do I care, I've always seen it. I should be accustomed to it by now. The sight made me feel a mix of emotions... anger and jealousy, mixed with some other strange emotions, some that I could not name but felt like excitement and anticipation...
   "I believe he kept looking around the crowd, like he was looking for someone." Sam snapped me out of my thoughts of jealousy.
"Don't read too much into it Sammy." I replied.
"He played so well today, didn't he?" She continued.  "Yeah"  I can only manage one word compliments for him.
"No, not good. He played amazing. Have you seen those moves? Like the way he slipped around the defenders, and how he scored the goal. If only I could every date him" She said with those puppy dog eyes of her.
"Don't be desperate, especially for someone unworthy. Common now we need to head home, we'll miss our bus. Hurry up." I said.
"Coming right up."