ᴀʀᴛᴇᴍɪs ᴋʜʀʏsᴇʟᴀᴋᴀᴛᴏs ɪᴏᴋʜᴇɪʀᴀ |♀|

Start from the beginning

h o l i d a y s .
☆ Kharisteria
☆ Laphria
☆ Elaphebolia
☆ Mounikhia

r i t u a l s .
☆ The Ritualistic Festival of Arkteia

╔═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╗☆ | p e r s o n a l i t y | ☆╚═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╝Artemis seems to be soft spoken and polite, but she can also be incredibly condescending to males

☆ | p e r s o n a l i t y | ☆
╚═══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══════╝
Artemis seems to be soft spoken and polite, but she can also be incredibly condescending to males. Artemis guards her virginity carefully. Actaeon and Orion tried to dishonor or rape her, but anyone who threatened her purity met with a violent end. Artemis acted out in anger whenever her wishes were disobeyed, especially if anyone transgressed against the animals that were sacred to her. She punished Agamemnon, for example, when he killed a stag in her sacred grove.

However, she is shown to be much more fragile than the front that she puts up. When Apollon yelled at her for underestimating the human race, she threw away her confident façade and broke down in tears while childishly calling Apollon names and blaming him. She admires how Apollon is able to accomplish all his goals without, as she states, "spilling a single drop of blood, flying without wings, and staying himself despite all the odds."

Artemis is strong and brave; she doesn't bend to the will of others or love. She also will not back down from a challenge. Artemis likes to show that women can do things that men can do. The hunting goddess loves the company of her followers and the animals but also loves the quiet alone time that nature can give. She enjoys the quiet darkness when the moon is visible in the night sky.

Hunters and huntresses love her and respect the goddess who, in return, looks out for them. However, Artemis does not share that caring feeling with people who don't show love and respect for animals and nature. She doesn't care too much for a wealthy, fancy life. What she likes are the few things she owns and what ever nature provides her and she expects those who follow her to feel the same way.

Because Artemis doesn't care about love unlike the other deities, she has never had an affair with any of her family; her brother, uncles, nephews, father or cousins. Artemis doesn't like those who worship her to fall in love or get married. Those that do are cast out of her group of followers or hunters but because she is the goddess of children and childbirth, even though they are not allowed to return, the goddess cares for the kids they have as she does for all children.

People believe that Artemis loved Adonis and Actaeon but the goddess has no love for those who do not care for wildlife and who like to boast. Artemis is a girl that does not believe in boasting, which is gloating, bragging, exaggerating, overconfident, laying it on thick and showing off. Those that do are punished for thinking they are greater than everyone.

She is brave, courageous, strong, determined, proud, fearless, serious, adventurous, headstrong, independent, confident, bold and strong willed. Artemis is tough but is also sweet, kind, caring, loving, selfless and gentle to the plants and animals of mother nature. Living in nature, she has seen the beauty and harshness of the wilderness and loves them both, the gentle side and rough side. Artemis chooses to live in nature to avoid the squabbles, drama, conflict, clashes, feuds and quarrels of humanity and the gods. Artemis cares for and protects all of the forests, the plants, the woods, the mountains, the hills, the jungles, the rainforests, the swamps, the marshes, the valleys, the groves, the animals, the bodies of water, the soil, the meadows, the fields, the caves and the rocks. Artemis looks after all of nature.