"No..." I started, then paused. "Actually, maybe. There could be stories I don't know about. Anyway, of the twenty known stories, there are twelve different Links."

Now that I think about it, there are more Links than the ones you play in the games. There's the Hero of Men, who sealed all evil into that chest with the Picori Blade. And there's the Hero of the First Calamity who defeated Calamity Ganon 10,000 years before Breath of the Wild.

Damn, just how many Links are there?

"And what about those glowing orange buildings in the distance? I remember seeing some occasionally when I travel," he pointed to one of them. "From what I've heard, they were here long before the gods descended. No one knew what they were for or how to open them."

"Those are Sheikah Shrines. They were made thousands of years ago to help train the Hero to defeat The Calamity."

"Why are they active now?"

"Because the towers have to be activated for the shrines to open up."

"Wait, towers?" Cloud turned to me. "I think you said 'towers' earlier, too."

I nodded. "There should be Sheikah Towers all over the continent. Activating one activates them all."

Cloud nodded in understanding. "You said the shrines help train the Hero. How so?"

"Well, The Hero of the Wild had to go through tests and trials to help train him for his eventual fight with Calamity Ganon."

"What kind of tests?"

"Some sort of traps or obstacles. I don't fully remember," I shrugged. "There's one way to find out."

He stared, knowing I was asking if we could check them out. "Do we have to worry about this Calamity coming soon?" Cloud asked.

"The Calamity should be gone," I said. "In the last known story, Link killed its source."

He then looked out to the four shrines close by and stood silent for a while. "We have the time, and I'm curious about these, as well."

"Awesome," I took out my phone and used the scope to mark the shrines for my map. "Alright, let's go."

"And how do we get down?"

I hit both of us with a sphere of white magic. "Feather Falling Spell. It'll slow us down before we hit the ground."

I then jumped off to prove it. Once Cloud saw it was safe, he followed, and we were off to the first shrine.

~X~

~ Shrine of Oman Au ~

We rode up to the first shrine, and I quickly dismounted my horse and held my smartphone up to the pedestal next to the door. It quickly turned from orange to blue.

"Sheikah Slate confirmed. Travel Gate registered to map. Access granted."

And the doors opened.

"What's this travel gate it mentioned?" Cloud asked as he walked up.

I pointed to the blue circle. "It's that. They're teleportation markers. I can tap one of the symbols on the map on my phone and teleport to it instantly no matter where I am."

"That's incredibly useful," Cloud was surprised.

"Come on. Let's go."

I led him into the small space and stood on the platform with the Sheikah symbol on it. The platform lit up and started descending into the Earth.