2 - Attacked

I better go get some more oil. I thought as I returned the next night, harvesting branches and turning it into oil. The lantern was as bright as a flame, and I glanced at it. I swore I saw something in there.

Hiding behind a log, I saw two kits staring at me, trying to conceal themselves with the spot they had picked. I almost wanted to say, "what?" But I didn't. They were probably just curious.

I heard faint talking from them, and thought I heard "maybe we should ask him for directions." They were going to ask me for directions? To where?

I paused, and heard an older kit with cream fur say, "no, we should NOT ask him for directions."

Why would they ask me for directions, though? Are they lost? Should I help them? Oh, whatever, it's not important. I walked off, wood on my back. Just some dumb kits.

I sighed. I really didn't want to keep doing this. I was a medicine cat, not a lumberjack. But this was for a leader, and leaders are really important.

I wondered why the forest was so dark all the time. Even though I KNOW it's not nighttime, it looks like it. No wonder why that black cat keeps the lantern everywhere.

I felt tired and wanted to rest under one of the edelwood trees. I look around for the perfect spot, and head to one.

I lay down under the tree, closing my eyes.

Unexpectedly, I felt something that felt like a scratch on my neck. And more. And more. I told myself to not open my eyes, to keep them shut and to fall asleep.

Instead of listening to myself, I squinted my eyes to see who it was.

It was a black figure.

No... It couldn't be the StarClan spirit, right?

I shouted, "who are you? Why did you attack me..." I paused. "What did I do wrong?"

No answer. Instead, they slunk into the darkness, disappearing into the night.

⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ 

a/n: hey everyone!!! this chapter was SUPER fun to write. it took me a day and a half because i had to go to bed, lol.

i hope u guys like this chapter as much as i do. bye!!!

⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙ ❀ ⸙