Chapter 6: Gaara's Rescue

"Even with seven of you here, it's futile," Sasori said. "You can't defeat me."

"Oh yeah?" Sakura said. "We'll see about that."

Sasori jumped, flipping forward and slashing his tail downward. Everyone jumped back, avoiding the long metal appendage.

His tail hit the ground, smashing it and sending rocks flying every which way. Sasori flipped back and opened his mouth, shooting a profusion of poisonous senbon.

Everyone dodged, and Sakura jumped, slamming her fist down toward Sasori. He jumped upward to his left to avoid her only to see Guy flying toward him with his leg pointed right at him.

Sasori blocked it with his tail, flying backward and grounding his feet against the wall before jumping forward, flipping once more, and bringing down his tail on Guy.

He caught it and threw Sasori overhead. Lee slammed into Sasori, forcing him back against the wall.

Hiruko shattered and Sasori was left exposed.

Chiyo gasped.
_______________________________________________

"Fire-Style: Fireball Jutsu!" Kakashi yelled.

Deidara responded by throwing a clay bird. The result being a large explosion, canceling Kakashi's attack.

"Eight Trigrams Air Palm!" Neji exclaimed. Deidara dodged it on his clay bird.

Meanwhile, Deidara continued throwing down his hail of explosives. Tenten canceled them with her shuriken, igniting them before they could even get close.

Deidara veered off into the forest, avoiding Kiba's fang over fang.

"Demon Wind Shuriken!" Tenten exclaimed. Two massive shurikens flew toward him.

Deidara managed to maneuver his clay bird to dodge the first one and narrowly avoid the other, a cut making its way on the winged creature.

The first shuriken flew back and, before Deidara could react, tore into his colossal creation. Quickly, the second shuriken made its way back as well, and Deidara crashed harshly onto the forest floor.
_______________________________________________

"Hello, grandmother," Sasori said.

"How?" Chiyo asked. "How do you still look so young?"

"How else? I haven't aged," Sasori said. "After I deserted, I wandered the elemental nations, wiping out small towns and villages to test my strength. After I wiped out a town of about a hundred people, I realized humans are weak," Sasori said. "This weak, fleshy form was holding me back. And if I wanted to achieve true strength, then I must shed my humanity."

"You didn't..."

"Yes, grandmother; I did," Sasori said. "I realized that if puppets were the ultimate weapon, then the strongest weapon would be a sentient one. And so I turned myself into a puppet."

"How could you? You turned yourself into a puppet?! For what?!" Chiyo yelled. "So you could gain power?!"

"Power is the only thing that matters in this world, grandmother."

"Then you are not my grandson," Chiyo said. "You are not the little boy I took care of after he lost his parents. You are a monster."

"No... I'm a god. One who will live forever!" Sasori yelled.

"After what you've done, Sasori, that's not guaranteed anymore," Chiyo said.

"Oh, but it is."

Sasori summoned three hundred puppets and launched them toward his opponents.

Shino fought them off with his bugs, Hinata, Guy, Lee, Kurenai, and Sakura defended themselves with taijutsu, and Chiyo fought back with her ten puppets.

They fought with all their might. Despite that, however, there were simply too many. And with Sasori's poison, it was impossible for them all to keep up.

Shino was eventually cut and passed out, along with Hinata, Lee, and Guy.

Kurenai used a genjutsu to deceive Sasori so Sakura could get close.

But as Sakura appeared behind him, he cut her. He scoffed. "You thought that would work? I'm a puppet, I'm immune to genjutsu," Sasori said. "I told you, grandmother, puppetry is the ultimate weapon."

"Your arrogance will be your undoing!" Chiyo exclaimed.

Sakura jumped back, injured. "We have to beat him soon. Shino, Guy, Lee, and Hinata are going to die if we don't."

"Hahaha, you don't stand a chance," Sasori said. But as he swung his puppet, arm stretched out with a blade protruding, it froze right before it could put an end to the pink-haired kunoichi.

Looking down, a shadow could be seen connected to the puppet. Tracing it back to its point of origin, they saw Shikamaru. "Hurry up and knock him out already," he said tiredly.
_______________________________________________

"Give up," Kakashi said. "You lost."

"Maybe. But it's not over yet," Deidara said. "Witness my art! c2!!"

Deidara began to expand, and it was clear he was going to explode. Everyone began shielding their eyes.

Suddenly, a volley of shuriken and kunai came down from the air behind them. Lightning flowed between the kunai and shuriken. None of them were hit, but as the hail of sharp weaponry came down, explosions were set off and they were electrocuted, though none of it was fatal.

Naruto flipped forward through the air, but as he did, he twisted so that when he landed, right hand and knee planted firmly against the ground, with his left hand pressing against his other leg (A/N: Basically a superhero pose), he was facing his old friends.

"I apologize for the interruption."
_______________________________________________

The End

I admit, I've been lazy. I've also been rushing, so forgive me for the poor dialogue. I've been trying to get these out as quickly as possible. I also seem to be almost chronically tired for no reason, and so putting in the mental effort to think & write is exhausting.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. And the next chapter should be out like tomorrow or the day after, hopefully.