Draco Malfoy

TW:SA

"Poppy, we have a serious one over here." Lupin called over.

"Oh Merlin, what happened to you dear?" Madam Pomfrey asked rushing to bring her to a bed, which happened to be the one next to Draco.

"I believe Miss Evans pushed Mister Malfoy out of the way from the Hippogriff and chose not to come due to whatever stupid reason." Snape replied, staring at his nephew who hadn't even noticed that Snape was looking at him. At that moment his sole focus was Lilian, Draco was worried when he saw all the blood, he was sure she must be in terrible pain, yet it looked as if it was manageable.

Snape noticed the look Draco was giving her and recognised it as admiring and fascination.

"They're overreacting. I feel fine, maybe a bit light-headed, but that's all." trying to convince herself rather than others.

Poppy ended up giving her a blood-replenishing potion and she performed a charm to seal the wound. However, Poppy still wanted her and Draco to spend the night because she had lost a lot of blood and he had a concussion.

Her friends came to visit her after dinner to drop off her notes and to bring her some treats, even Professor Lupin came to give her a bar of chocolate, Lily was very happy about that and gave a big smile thanking the Professor.

As night came around and Poppy left the Hospital wing and there was an uncomfortable silence between Draco and Lily.

"Thank you." the boy said breaking the silence, her eyes widened in shock upon hearing him pronounce these words.

"For what?" she asked.

"For pushing me out of the way of the chicken, I appreciate it." Although it was not visible in the dark, Lily felt a blush creeping its way to her cheeks, both kids were lying on their back and the lights were off. However, if the lights had been on and they were facing each other then they would've seen that they were both blushing.

"No worries Draco, it didn't even hurt that bad." they chuckled.

"Why do you do that?" the boy asked.

"Do what?" she asked, confused.

"Why do you call me Draco and not Malfoy?"

"Because I find it odd to call someone by their last name, it automatically creates a certain distance between yourself and the person." Lily replied, glancing at Draco "If you want I can call you Malfoy." she looked back to find him looking at her.

"No! Draco is fine." They looked at each other and although they could not see much, they still were able to see each other's eyes in the moonlight.

"What's your favourite colour?" the green eyed girl asked.

"What? I don't know! Green, maybe?" Draco looked at her as if she had two heads, he found it strange that someone asked him that, but he knew he liked it, he smiled "What about you?"

"Depends on the day. Today it's yellow."

And it went on for hours, Malfoy and Evans, asking question after question about each other. From what was their favourite food to what they wanted to be later on.

"Healer, that's what I want, I always wanted to be a healer, but I don't want to only work with one type of patient. I want to work with them all, the permanent residences as well as the emergencies. What about you?" Lily's face beamed and glowed to Malfoy.

"My father wants me to work in the ministry." Draco answered honestly.

"And what do you want?" she asked, emphasising the 'you'.