Chapter 1

Kit Daniels was living a double life. She'd been married to her husband since just after they graduated high school. They'd been high school sweethearts and had known one another since middle school. She had gone to medical school thanks to an inheritance from her grandparents and had graduated at the top of her class. She was a trauma surgeon and loved her job. Each day was different and never boring. Her husband, Evan, had gone to trade school to become an electrician. Between the two of them, they made good money. She insisted they keep separate accounts and had a joint account for household bills. Despite being a highly paid doctor, she was still driving the Nissan Frontier her parents had bought her, used, when she turned sixteen. Her husband bought himself a Dodge Ram after he graduated from trade school as a graduation present to himself. It was his dream vehicle so she never said anything. They had moved to a Northern California town called Charming after they had both graduated college to start their life fresh.

It didn't take long for Evan to find himself befriending the local biker community. He'd always wanted to ride a Harley despite his wife's protests. Over the next year of them living in Charming, Evan had become good friends with the local MC. So much so that he and Kit housed a couple of the MC members while they hid from the law on two different occasions. The couple even lied to the police to give a couple members a solid alibi once. Jax considered Evan and Kit good friends of the club. They quite often attended the biker parties at the clubhouse. From the first time Kit laid eyes on Tig, she was smitten with him. The wild, curly hair. The bright blue eyes. The mischievous grin. The dark sense of humor she discovered. The feeling was mutual for the SAA. Evan and Kit had been married for ten years and she felt like they were drifting apart. There wasn't much affection like there had been when they first got married. He didn't compliment her anymore. He didn't go out of his way to make her laugh. Tig always complimented her on how she looked, did his best to make her laugh, and listened intently when she was talking to him.

Within two years of living in California, Kit found herself doing something she never thought she'd do. She was involved in an affair with the curly headed biker. She found herself falling more and more for the older man each time they snuck off together. They met up at a sleazy motel at the edge of town for their rendezvous'. Tig gave her the affection and intimacy she felt was lacking in her marriage. They discussed her marriage on several occasions, and he thought she should just file for divorce. She was reluctant to do so as she didn't want to fight over the house and their other assets. Tig couldn't blame her for wanting to protect herself. Evan was pulling away from her the longer they were in Charming and Kit had already checked out emotionally from her marriage. What she didn't know, however, was that her husband had been seduced by the porn start Ima and he was having an affair with her. After several more months went by, Tig and Kit were laying together and discussing her marriage and how she could get out it. He was shocked when she confessed they each had a life insurance policy on one another equaling one million dollars.

The more Tig thought about it, the more he thought that killing the object keeping him from his love was the best idea. Kit, too, had the same idea and casually brought up Tig killing her husband so they could be together. If it looked like an accident and Kit could collect his life insurance, they could live a very comfortable life together. After discussing the situation, Tig promised he'd make killing her husband look like an accident. Especially since he was a mechanic. She smiled widely before leaning over and kissing him passionately. Tig had to wait until Evan had gone out to a local bar before he put his plan into motion. It took several weeks as Evan typically liked hanging out at the clubhouse. One night, he finally decided to head to a local bar with some of his coworkers leaving his wife at home. Kit called Tig and let him know he was leaving for the bar. Tig knew it was time to put his plan into action. Evan, not knowing it was his last night on Earth, got trashed with his coworkers. Tig sat in the bar watching and waiting. Shortly before Evan was set to leave, Tig left the bar and put his plan in motion. He climbed underneath Evan's truck and disabled his brakes. With his task complete, Tig headed back to his apartment and waited to hear about the accident.