3.

"Mom! I'm going to Cameron's house!" I yelled from the door. She replied with a faint 'okay' and I ran across the street to where my crazy, bestfriend lived. Without knocking, I barged into his house and went straight to his bedroom. "What's up, SumSum?" He said not looking up from his phone. I took a pillow and threw it at his face. I burst in a fit of giggles and he sent me a glare. 

"Sorry, not sorry." He rolled his eyes and put his phone on his bed. "Jessica is coming in like five minutes. I hope you're okay with that?" He asked. Hah! Am I okay with that? Of course I am. I mean, who wouldn't want to hang out with her? 

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged and jumped on top of him, engulfing him in a warm hug. "Do you know how much I love you?" Cameron asked, rubbing his arm around my back. I loved moments like these, where we can just be alone and sit in silence, thinking about how dreadful our life would be if we neither of us were in the picture. Our moms were best friends since the womb. They literally grew up together. So, we were basically forced to be friends. But, I'm really glad because my life would suck without Cameron by my side. 

"What the fuck is going on?" Someone barked from across the room. Our heads flew up and saw Jessica standing there, throwing glares straight at me. If looks could kill.... 

I slowly got off C-Dawg and sat in one of his bean-bags. "Nothing Jessica." Cameron said, getting up and embracing her in a hug. As they were hugging, Jessica looked at me from behind Cameron and stuck her tougue out at me. Such a childish thing to do. 

I rolled my eyes got up from where I was sitting. I will not be the third-wheel. 

"I'm gonna go to the kitchen. Want anything?" I asked Cameron. He shook his head as Jessica smirked. She is so annoying. What is she trying to prove? 

In the kitchen I saw Cameron's parents. "Hey Summer, I didn't know you were here." His dad, Evan said. 

"Oh yeah, sorry. I  just went upstairs. Did you see Cameron's girlfriend?" I asked. 

"No, not at all. She's here?" Her mom asked, dumbfounded. I grabbed some grapes from Cameron's dad's bowl and he laughed. "Yeah. Her and Cam are upstairs doing God know's what." 

"By the way, where is Brock and Emily?"  Brock was Cameron's little brother. He was three years old and was the cutest toddler I have ever seen, trust me. Emily was Cameron's sister and she was thirteen years old. 

"Brock is napping, and Emily should be coming home from her friends house anytime soon." I nodded my head and helped his mom, Emma cook for tonight's dinner. 

A few hours later my own family was over and we were all waiting for Emma to finish setting up the table. Cameron and Jessica were still upstairs in his room and I was starting to worry. What if they were doing something bad? Like sticking something up something. Ewww. That' so gross. 

"Emily, darling, do you mind passing me my cup of tea?" I said in a posh british accent. She laughed and shook her head.

"I don't mind at all." She replied in the same accent. We cracked up laughing, making Brock giggle. I smiled and turned to my twin brother, Sage. "I'm hungry." 

"Same, Sum-Sum, same." 

"Dinner's ready!" Emma yelled, causing everyone to cheer. We ran into the big dining room and took our seats. This house could literally fit a whole town. Well, not literally, but you know what I'm trying to say. There was about ten people in this house and no one was squished. 

"Wait. Cameron is not here." My dad spoke up. We all looked around and he was no where in sight. "I'll get him." My brother said. 

A few moments later, both Cameron and Jessica stood at the front of the table. "Hey guys, this is my girlfriend, Jessica." Cameron introduced her and everyone said their names. 

She fake smiled and waved her hand. "It's nice to meet all of you." 

Cameron showed her to her seat and sat down next to it. Which of course, was right beside me. 

"Summer! Summer!" 

"My braces hurt! Ugh!"

"Did you hear about what happened with the Company?"

"You look like a fruit cake."

"I love that show!"

"I can't believe she did that!"

"Yo! This tastes great." 

A bunch of conversations sped around the room and I could not keep up. 

Soon after a while, things seemed to calm down and all eyes were pointed on Jessica.

"So, Jessica, how do you like the food?" Emma asked, pointng to her plate. 

"I'm a vegetarian." She simply said. Her steak was untouched. I had to do it; it was the right thing to do. 

"Well, can I have it?" I asked. Everyone laughed and I blushed. "Okay, but I'm pretty sure you don't need anymore meat on your bones." 

I gasped and the whole room fell into an awkward silence. Why isn't Cameron saying anything? He always protects me. That nugget is annoying. 

"You know what? You're right. I'm not that hungry anyway." I said, placing my fork down and taking a sip from my cup.

She smirked in victory and everyone continued on with their conversations. I was in the middle of a conversation with Emily when I felt something spill on my lap. I gasped and got up from my chair. I looked around and saw Jessica with her empty cup in her hands. "I'm so sorry! It slipped out. Here, let me help you." She said guiding me out of the room. She is trying to be nice,and I don't like the way it's heading. 

"You will stay away from Cameron, understood?" She walked towards me in a threatening stance. Ew.

"Uhm, he's kind of my bestfriend. I don't think I can do that." 

"I'm going to become his best friend and you will see that he doesn't even care about you." 

"Can you back up a little bit, your breath kind of smells. Here's a mint." I said, grabbing it out of my back pocket. She groaned in frustrations and stomped her feet on the ground like a little kid. 

"If you don't stay away from him, you will pay the consequences." I shrugged my shoulders and ran upstairs to Cameron's room. I always have a change of clothes in here just in case I want to sleepover, I will always be prepared. I changed and joined the rest of our families in the dining room. Well this dinner went great.