Her eldest daughter was only forty-three years old this year, but she looked like she was in her late fifties or early sixties, just like her fifty-six-seven-year-old eldest son-in-law. She would feel distressed whenever she looked at her. 

Mother Meng felt sorry for her eldest daughter, but at the end of the day, her favorite was still her youngest son. Not only because her youngest son was successful, but mainly because this whole family was benefiting from her youngest son's favor.

So when Meng Zhezhi showed signs of refusal, Mother Meng instantly changed her mind.

But not everyone felt the same way.

"Can it be the same? The key is, which girl is willing to marry into the countryside now..."

There was a faint urging voice coming from the other end of the phone.

"What are you talking about!" Mother Meng scolded, and then the phone was snatched away.

"Old Four, I'm your eldest brother in law. Both your nephews are twenty-seven and twenty-eight years old now, but they still haven't found a daughter in law yet. Now our family has finally negotiated with a girl, and her family doesn't want a dowry, they just want a house. Where can we find such a good thing?"

  The tone on the other end of the phone softened instantly. "But you also know the situation in our family, Old Four. Now the whole family relies on your sister alone to support us. Even if we empty our savings, we still can't come up with that much money. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you."

The predecessor's eldest brother in law was named He Zhenli.

Meng Zhezhi listened and only asked, "How much do you need?"

He Zhenli's tone immediately became excited. "It's not too much, six hundred thousand will be enough."

The small county town where the predecessor belonged was remote with inconvenient transportation, and the economy was not developed. Naturally, the housing prices were not very high either. The price of a not renovated house was just over two hundred thousand, and prices were even lower in more remote areas.

Six hundred thousand would definitely be enough to buy two three-bedroom and one living room houses. With a little extra money, they could even do some simple renovations.

He Zhenli included his youngest son's marriage house in this calculation as well.

Sure enough, he chuckled and said, "When your eldest nephew gets married, won't it be your second nephew's turn? I just want to prepare the house early so that we don't end up like we are now, running around like headless flies."

He Zhenli didn't think he was asking for too much. After all, Old Four had already spent six hundred thousand on his third brother's son and nearly four hundred thousand on treating his second sister's husband's leg. It wouldn't make sense for him to spend only eighty thousand when it came to their family.

  The eldest sister is the eldest. It's not too much for him to ask for six hundred thousand now.

Meng Zhezhi chuckled angrily. When did the predecessor ever help the family without giving his all? Can you measure it purely by the amount of money?

Meng Zhezhi only knows one thing, I can be grateful but you cannot be addicted to sucking my blood.

Meng Zhezhi remained calm and said, "Is my eldest sister there? I'd like to talk to her for a moment."

Although He Zhenli didn't understand what Meng Zhezhi was up to, money talks. For the sake of that six hundred thousand, he had no choice but to pass the phone to eldest sister Meng.