listen

Daniel's POV

"Cadet Larusso come here. " I hurried to stand in front of Sargent Lawrence before he grabbed my arm and lightly squeezed it.

"You're very weak. I'm going to fix that. " he said with an evil grin. "20 push ups. Now. " he said as I hurried to comply.
.
.
.

Hours of training passed and Sargent wasn't letting me rest. He soon grabbed my face and inspected it. Fear rose as he turned my head to the side.

"Why did you join? You look like a prissy model boy. " he said letting go of my face.

"I just didn't like the idea of other men fighting while I stayed home... " I said softly.

"Learn to speak up. And get some rest, we have a big day tomorrow, I'm going to show you how to shoot. " he said in an unusual tone for him, it was soft and not intimidating as he walked away.

"Yes sir." I said as I dropped onto the bed as he  was out of sight. Before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.
.
.
.
The next day yelling was what all of us cadets heard. The sound of anger rushing out of sargent's voice as he watched the others struggle, he soon walked up to me as I loaded the gun and shot at the target.

"Hm... Good poster, no struggle loading... You've done this before? " he asked as I gave a small 'yes sir.' As he turned his back and soon shouted out.

"Cadets! You have all disappointed me! Cadet Larusso was the only one who successfully loaded and shot the target! By now you would all be dead! You will all stay until you figure out what you are doing wrong! " he shouted and turned back to me.

"Larusso go get some breakfast and come back and help these failures!" He said as I hurried off.
.
.
.

Maybe he isn't such a dick?