14.

Dianne was trembling

Dianne was trembling. She trembled from the inside out, her entire body feeling as if it was on overdrive. It was dark, the secluded area empty aside from some trees that surrounded her. Her car sat in the dirt road, Dianne clutching her car keys just in case she needed to make a run for it.

I'm meeting up with a drug dealer. In a secluded area. Where no one can see me.

Music blaring from car speakers grabbed her attention, the loud bass growing closer and closer. It added to her trembling, Dianne letting out a breath as she tried to calm her nerves. Ray's van pulled up, Dianne's eyes immediately finding theirs as they shut the car off before hopping out. They adjusted their shirt, the glint of cold metal catching Dianne's eye causing her to swallow hard as she looked away quickly.

"I believe you have something of mine?" Their voice was smooth and stable despite how they felt inside. They felt panicked, looking around to make sure no one was with Professor Stone. They couldn't risk anyone finding out who they worked for, Ray watching as Dianne took a step forward causing them to take a step back.

"You first."

"No."

"Desirée-"

"Bitch, drop the fucking book now." Ray growled under their breath, immediately losing their cool as they glared up at Dianne who just stared back. She suddenly scoffed with a laugh, Ray's face twisting in confusion and annoyance.

"You think you're sooooo scary, huh? Here's your little journal. I didn't read it. I hope you gave me the same courtesy." Dianne lied through her teeth, the woman absolutely terrified of the student who quickly grabbed the journal that she tossed onto the ground. She read every single thing in that black leather bound book, a few of the names on their client list being the only thing that stopped her from finishing faster.

"I didn't read yours either. You better not be lying or we'll have a problem." Ray fibbed, watching as Dianne nodded with a shrug.

"Well. You'll never be able to prove if I did or not. So I suggest you be on your best behavior, Desirée." The gentle threat ran chills down Ray's spine, Ray doing their best to stay rational without telling on themselves. They noticed the way Professor Stone was looking at them, a teasing glimmer in her eye.

"Okay. I have nothing to do with you and you me. You're my professor and that's it. So what exactly do I have to worry about?"

The people around you.

"Nothing."

"Okay then." Ray muttered as they handed Dianne her journal, their aggravation evident in their voice. Dianne chuckled again as she grabbed it, letting out a sigh of relief. She was panicking for nothing, the student clearly oblivious to the contents in her journal. It was a close call, but nothing more than that.

Or so she thought.

"Well..goodnight then.." Dianne uttered as she walked past Ray who just watched her. She didn't seem like herself, the contents in her journal drifting into Ray's mind as they walked back to the truck. They couldn't resist leaving their questions unanswered, reading as many pages as they could while waiting for her to respond to their message.

They weren't really answered, more being raised instead.

They watched her for a moment, Dianne doing the same as her eyes met Ray's. She turned her car on, their eyes following each others as she turned to drive away.

"Goodnight, professor. Be safe."

****************************************
Ray was the first in the classroom, making sure to get rest the night before. They felt a little better after retrieving their journal and going home. They weren't sure if they believed Professor Stone about not reading their journal. They weren't sure if they could trust her, and based off the contents in hers, they knew she wasn't all the way there.

However, they believed she was there enough to be rational. If she did read it she would've told them or the police. She's upfront about everything else, the comment she made on their first day of class still on their mind. The way those words spilled from between her plump lips coated with dark red gloss made them pulsate, her voice and steady tone being something they never thought they'd be attracted to.

Her words about what she wanted to do to them in her journal nearly killed them. They weren't sure if they were afraid or aroused, or maybe even both. They had a small attraction to the professor, no doubt. She was beautiful and intellectual as well as passionate about her line of work.

But that other side of her that she clearly keeps locked away is what terrified them. Knowing what they know now made them fearful of the woman, which was a rarity. The only woman they've ever feared was their boss, and it wasn't that type of fear.

All they knew was that there were now two women on their radar and they needed to be strategic. They created a schedule for themselves, making sure to turn in their assignments and get to class on time so there was no excuse for interaction between them and their professor.

As for Her, they still weren't sure. They made a promise to themselves to not make themselves as available from the moment they left Jamaica. They needed to micro-dose their rejection to make sure they didn't become a target.

The classroom filled up, every student including Ray anticipating for Professor Stone's arrival. She walked into the classroom with her head held high. She had on an all black suit dress with buttons down the center, her exposed legs in simple black pumps. She was well put together, Ray watching as she strides past them. She smelt sweet, the familiar scent that polluted their bag and fingers causing them to bring them to their nose before looking up to see her staring, her eyes looking away just as quickly.

"Good morning class. Good to see a full room today. Let's take out our books from last week." Ray completely forgot to buy a copy, their defeat sinking in their stomach when an annotated copy was placed in front of them.

"That one's for you." Professor Stone whispered before walking back to her desk, leaning against it as she watched Ray caress the copy. It was a different addition than the others in the class, it being older and with a more mature appearance. They flipped through it, it being full of annotations and more details, the book visibly thicker than the others.

They opened the cover, a small note written inside causing them to look up at her. She wasn't paying attention, preparing her lesson for the day as she plugged in her laptop to the smart board. They looked down at the familiar cursive again, their eyes glazing over as they read what she wrote.

𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔀𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷. 𝓝𝓸𝔀 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓻𝓪𝔀..𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓮. 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓹𝔂 𝓼𝓸... 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼. - 𝓓.

Ray slowly looked up from the paper, Dianne still not paying attention to Ray although she knew they read it. She simply pranced around, keeping her cold demeanor as she started to speak.

"Okay clsss, let's get started."

She knows..